“Great for lunch and afternoon tea.”
Review of The Wolseley

The Wolseley
Reserve with OpenTable
The Wolseley is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #960 of 24,264 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: European
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Mayfair
Description: The Wolseley offers several menus in the Grand Café tradition including breakfast, morning pastries, afternoon tea, and an all day menu with sandwiches, salads, crustacea and plats du jour. We are open seven days a week.
Reviewed April 27, 2013

We were unable to book for lunch on the website or by phone as we only gave them a few hours notice. However we were informed that they always keep some tables free for 'walk ins' so we went up to London and tried our luck. We were able to get a table (30 minute wait), and were ushered to the bar.In the small but very well run bar, we were amazed that the barman already knew our names and put the drinks on our food bill.
Service overall was great although the starters took ages - later turned out that the chef thought they had already been served, hence my wife's main was cold. They replaced it efficiently and it was automatically taken off the bill. I thought the way they handled the slight slip up was superb and for that I will definitely be going back. Afternoon tea looked delish! No formal dress code unlike their next door neigbour The Ritz

Write a ReviewReviews (6,501)

Reviewed April 27, 2013

Waiters kept getting our orders wrong - brown bread became white bread; croque-monsieur became croque-madame, etc. despite the manager having come to double-check the waiter's orders.
Otherwise, food was ok. Good but nothing exceptional.
Atmosphere & setting can't be beat, though - it was bustling and alive.
Worth a visit!

Reviewed April 27, 2013

The Wolseley is quintessential London,England at it's pure British self. Unprentious but has all "the pomp and circumstance" you will expect and more. The liveried doorman with the top hat and the British reserve,the thick curtains that open up to the cavernous,high ceiling restaurant that is always packed and always welcoming. You can't get a reservation they welcome you to come in and wait and you will get a table when they say you will. It has a great menu packed with wholesome yummy-licious food and the service...my oh my...impeccable,charming,faultless to a peek.
The dessert menu vies for your attention after your main meal...you can't and won't resist it...resistance is futile why waste that energy when you could be tucking into White chocolate cheesecake...huh? I know!!!
It is THE place for celebrity spotting: I have seen Lily Allen, Joan Collins, the late Michael Winner ....and I am sure I have missed someone out. Everyone mingles,everyone is severed equally ...professional through and through.
Did I mention how much I LOVE this restaurant...?

Reviewed April 25, 2013 via mobile

This is an absolute treasure for afternoon tea and far surpasses it's neighbour the Ritz for value and quality.

The service is always faultless. Attentive without being overwhelming. The food is fresh and inventive.

I always take out of town friends here if I want to show them the best afternoon tea in London.

I return again and again and it has never disappointed.

TheWolseley, General Manager at The Wolseley, responded to this reviewResponded April 26, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to post such a positive review and we look forward to seeing you very soon for Afternoon Tea.

Kind regards
Paul Robinson Webster

Reviewed April 25, 2013

We enjoyed both the food and atmosphere at The Wolseley. The food was delicious and the service was excellent. We would definitely go here again.