“Mittel European Restaurant in the centre of London”
Review of The Wolseley

The Wolseley
Reserve with OpenTable
The Wolseley is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #434 of 23,234 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: European
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Mayfair
Description: The Wolseley offers several menus in the Grand Café tradition including breakfast, morning pastries, afternoon tea, and an all day menu with sandwiches, salads, crustacea and plats du jour. We are open seven days a week.
Reviewed November 7, 2011

Excellent London landmark restaurant, open all day, relaxed atmosphere, go alone, go with friends, go with family, go with lovers. Eclectic menu, food served all day from an excellent breakfast/brunch menu, to a classic lunch and daily special, through to a sumptuous afternoon tea with genuine homemade cakes, onto a delicious dinner served until very late. All enhanced with a sprinkling of celebrities or two. Highly recommended to all, great for Londoners, a treat for out of towners and a destination for tourists, you won't be disappointed.

There are newer reviews for The Wolseley

Reviewed November 7, 2011

My friend and I came here for dinner on Saturday evening. As expected, without a reservation we had to wait for a table but having been told to expect to wait half an hour we were accommodated within 20 minutes. The drinks in the bar were nice, although my friend was disappointed there was no freshly squeezed grapefruit juice - it was rather crowded though - testament to this place's popularity.

I had the whitebait followed by the fillet, which was a tad more medium than the rare I requested but both were good. The wine was good. Not having room for both a pudding and cheese I opted for the cheese, which was a nice selection though I'd have preferred them served at room temperature rather than chilled - a nice glass of port was the perfect accompaniment.

Service was initially very attentive and brisk though we felt a little forgotten when we wanted to order the cheese although it didn't really matter as we had time to chat and certainly didn't have the feeling they wanted the table despite being busy.

Breakfast/brunch here last year was very pleasant and I will definitely return again - though it's more for special treats and requires a bit of saving up for the likes of me!

Reviewed November 6, 2011

I have visited the Wolseley restaurant to celebrate anniversary with my partner. The service was good, there was a great atmosphere and also staff was very polite and friendly however the food was not great. My partner's got food poisoning from the duck he's ordered and he wasn't feeling well for several days.
After this experience I don't think we will be returning to the Wolseley again!

Reviewed November 6, 2011

We were suggested by a colleague to try for breakfast at the Wolseley. It was so good, we went back the next day!!. The service, food and atmosphere were amazing. You can also book on line which makes it so easy. For the second day we were able to walk in off the street and eat in one of their front rooms. Our breakfasts here were a great highlight and we would definitely go back!

1  Thank Soraya S
Reviewed November 5, 2011

Worth a visit just to enjoy the decor and atmosphere. Service is good and a bit old style which matches the style. Great for a business meeting, lunch with friends, dinner with spouse. Casual but very stylish. Food is always excellent.