“Fantastic Service”

Ranked #5,419 of 23,877 Restaurants in London
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed August 25, 2013

I had the last reservation of their Saturday lunch time service, we arrived late and one of the party arrived even later. At no point were we made to feel rushed. Our waitress a Norwegian woman was service personified. Nothing was too much trouble, was very friendly and engaging without being overbearing, even charging my friends phone for her.
The food is excellent, brilliantly done without being overly complicated. Simple British dishes done very well and at a very reasonable price.
Definitely coming back. Excellent.

2  Thank Battersee

Reviewed August 21, 2013

I've eaten at this restaurant three times now in the last year and I have to say it's consistently excellent. The service is friendly and efficient, the food is creative but not overly showy. The bar downstairs is great for drink to get you started. The restaurant is always busy and, yeah, it can get pretty lively.

1  Thank CharityRob
Reviewed August 15, 2013

Came here for our wedding anniversary. We has three courses for £20 as it was a Tuesday. Found it to be exceptionally good value. I had the mackerel to start. It was surprisingly very tasty and full of flavour. My wife had the duck carpaccio which was very light. I went for the slow cooked beef cheek for my main. It was so tender and melted in my mouth. My wife had the guinea fowl with sweet corn and popcorn. She loved every mouthful. We finished off with the chocolate lolly with almond milk, chilli, and meringue. I would definitely have it again! We ordered espresso martini which was a perfect end to our meal. The staff were great and we got two complimentary glasses of champagne to celebrate our anniversary. Thank you Claude's kitchen for a rememberable evening.

2  Thank Jrboyz
Reviewed August 14, 2013

Good service but food a bit pretentious. Quality good but too many bits and pieces trying to be creative but not really succeeding. Tiny piece of duck breast starter was fine but not noteworthy, excellent tender beef cheek main course desperately needed a vegetable in addition to the three runner beans with which it was served (some carb would be good) and dessert while nice was confused. Bread removed too quickly and not replaced. Limited wines by the glass or carafe and not inexpensive. And the noise was unbearable. A full restaurant of diners shouting to make themselves heard could have been assisted by some soft furnishings to absorb at least some of the sound.
Altogether good but not good enough.

1  Thank Jinty27
Reviewed August 14, 2013 via mobile

Had a lovely evening here last night.
It was one of those menus where nothing really grabbed me but I was not disappointed with my mackerel and beef cheeks on their arrival. They were delicious.
The atmosphere and the room were lovely as was the service!
The food did take a while to arrive but without even being prompted the waitress came over to apologise and gave us a free bottle of rosé.
Will definitely return x