“Amazing Thai food with amazing hospitality”
Review of Nipa Thai

Ranked #297 of 27,677 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: One of only 15 UK restaurants recognised by the Thai government for its quality and cuisine, Nipa wears its heritage proudly on its sleeve. The teak-panelled interior is inspired by its sister restaurant in Bangkok, with a profusion of orchids that feel strangely at home in their first floor setting in the Lancaster Hotel overlooking the Italian Fountains of Hyde Park. Three set menus and the extensive à la carte offer a mouthwatering range of intense Thai flavours, mixing traditional dishes of central Thailand with regional specialities.
Reviewed March 31, 2018 via mobile

Me and my fiancee went to London for a few days for her birthday and as a massive Thai food fan she found this restaurant through TripAdvisor.

When we arrived at 5pm (just as they ooen) we were greeted with a warm smile and taken to our seats. Being the first their (usually we wouldn't eat this early but we had a show to get too at 730pm) we were sat looking over Hyde park. The restaurant being on the 2nd floor the view was lovely and combined with the lovely decor and restaurant setting felt very romantic.

Our server was polite, friendly and extremely helpful, explaining the dishes and recommending based on how much to eat for two. Some restaurants just let you order to much but not here. They want you to enjoy and feel like you aren't being ripped off.

Our wine and water was constantly being topped up when our glasses were low unobtrusively.

We had the sharing starter first and it was incredible. A selection of their main starters with a wide selection of dips. Their prawn dumplings are to die for and the best I have had since I can remember.

For mains I had the red massam chicken curry with coconut rice and my fiancee had the seafood green curry with Jasmine rice. All meals were fantastic and flavoured, hot and very tasty but the stand out dish was the seafood green curry. Wow. The seafood was so well cooked and the flavour combinations were stunning. The coconut rice was the nicest and very sticky like Thai food rice should be.

We will be back for sure as this was the best Thai food restaurant we've been to for a very very long time.

2  Thank Curiosity763762
2015_RandB, Manager at Nipa Thai, responded to this reviewResponded April 5, 2018

Dear Sir
Thank you so much for your very kind comments on your visit at Nipa Thai. I was delighted to hear that you had the best time with us. We look forward to welcoming you back to Nipa Thai in the near future.

Reviewed March 25, 2018 via mobile

Great food and fantastic service! Would highly recommend this. We will definitely be back again. Wonderful, tasty and fresh food.

1  Thank Madeleine A
2015_RandB, Manager at Nipa Thai, responded to this reviewResponded March 30, 2018

Dear Madeleine A
Thank you so much for your kind comments following your experience in Nipa Thai .I was very happy to hear that you had a wonderful experience with us. We look forward to seeing you again very soon.

Reviewed March 24, 2018

This place was incredible. The wife and I frequent Thai food at home, and this was in our hotel so we checked it out. Just amazing food. Nothing else to really say, it's a bit pricey yes, but well worth it.

Dear Mike S

Many thanks for your terrific comments following your dinner in Nipa Thai. I was very happy to hear that you enjoyed your experience with us. We are looking forward to see you again.

Reviewed March 22, 2018 via mobile

The restaurant is has a nice atmosphere and the food was lovely. People with dietary requirements were looked after and the rest of us had set menus. Food was very nice and the coconut ice cream was really nice. The service was good, especially the older gentleman who may of been the manager or front of house manager. He went out of his way to look after his guest and it was very much appreciated by everyone. Mineral water is topped up too regularly, you literally take a sip and it is refilled. Which is abit too much as u feel as it looks they are just trying to get you to go through as many bottles as possible so they can charge you more. But I guess they do this often in a lot of restaurants.

1  Thank Joojoo12
2015_RandB, Manager at Nipa Thai, responded to this reviewResponded March 23, 2018

Dear Joojoo12

Thank you so much for your very kind comments and recommendation on Nipa Thai. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed our set menu. I do apologise to make you feel that we topped up water too regularly. and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed March 19, 2018

I'd eaten here some six months or so and been wonderfully impressed. I was keen to return but could it be as good again ? Yes, it most definitely was !
We ate on a Saturday night and the restaurant was well nigh full, so i would encourage booking in advance. I was eating with someone who had a nut allergy however very clear guidance on the menu gave us confidence and indeed the staff were mindful and most considerate in their assistance.
Nipa offers a lovely dining experience and service was smooth and professional. Some diners had dressed for the occasion, whilst others were more informally dressed. There were a couple of small groups in to match the individual diners but, in all respects, Nipa seemed to suit admirably.
I'm glad I went back, and I'll do so again.

Dear Mark W
Thank you so much for your very kind comments and recommendation. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your experience in Nipa Thai and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

kind regards