“jamie oliver fifteen”

Jamie Oliver's Fifteen
Reserve with OpenTable
Jamie Oliver's Fifteen is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #805 of 22,659 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Shoreditch
Transit: By tube: Go to Old Street station on the Northern Line (City branch), leave by exit 1 and walk north up City Road, on the right hand ride of the road. After about 3 minutes you"ll see 'Moorfields Eye Hospital' (on the left). Keep walking another minute until you come to a fireplace specialist called 'Renaissance'. Turn right into Westland Place.
Description: Jamie Oliver's Fifteen is a 'non-profit' restaurant, bar and charity near Old Street in Islington, London. We cook elegant, rustic, honest food that flicks your senses from classic, nostalgic flavours to new, inspired dishes cooked by super-skilled young minds. With a buzzing cocktail bar and a kitchen led by Robbin Holmgren. The menu at Fifteen is the kind of food Jamie and Robbin want to eat when they're at their happiest. Taking inspiration from around the world, all the dishes on our menu are designed for sharing. Using incredible British produce, whole animals and fish are butchered and prepared on site every day, and paired with ingredients so good they really speak for themselves.
oldenburg
“jamie oliver fifteen”
Reviewed June 21, 2009

I visited fifteen in January with my daughter and we were really impressed with the food and the service,when we said we lived in Germany and have a Greek Restaurant there we were shown downstairs to the upperclass Restaurant. Everone was really friendly. We wanted to go again in June with my son who is a chef and a great fan of Jamie Oliver,at first we were put on the waiting list for a table,but I phoned the next day and I explained that we were coming to London just to visit the Restaurant and the lady said she could squeeze us in.There were 4 of us and we had a really enjoyable meal and the service could not have been better. I think though that 12.5% service charge should not be put on the bill but apparently this is usual in London. I still tip the waitress because I am not sure whether they get this money. Also the first time there I bought an apron and there was 12.5% service charg on top of the price which I don't agree with. But apart from that a lovely experiance enen though the tube drivers were on strike and it wasn't easy getting there and back from the hotel. We were also shown round the restaurant again even though it was very busy

1 Thank chris777Oldenburg

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
San Diego, CA
“Disappointing - food is average and service leaves much to be desired”
Reviewed June 10, 2009

We came here in May 2009 based on rave reviews from a colleague who used to live in London. The reservation process is quite thorough with nearly a page dedicated to educating the potential diner how to make a reservation as well as fair warning about the hefty cancellation fee. We arrived and were seated quickly. Since we booked so late, we had an early reservation of 6:30pm. Apart from being seated quickly, there is nothing else positive to say about our experience here. The food was average for the price and clearly Fifteen's fame has surpassed any desire to really excite diners any longer. Most appalling was the service. Our waiter was haughty and full of himself - he acted indignant and was unhelpful when we asked questions about the menu. Service was erratic and poorly timed with major lapses between courses and mix-ups with what we actually ordered. At one point, our server left our table alone for nearly 20 minutes! We watched as diners that were seated at 7pm or later finished their meals while we languished without any attention whatsoever. In fact, we didn't get our check until after 9pm -- and only after we practically jumped our server. When we raised our concern about the lax service -- he practically shouted at us that we were being difficult. We didn't want to make a scene and said we just wanted to pay and leave. Warning to all -- this restaurant is not worthy of the hype -- very poor value for money with average food and poor service. It's a shame that they are using the story of helping under-privileged young chefs when their servers are so rude and unwelcoming.

3 Thank pekkletravels
intsik
“Great Breakfast”
Reviewed May 4, 2009

We had great breakfast here. had some proper english breakfast, which was quite the meal size-wise. everything was very good.
The place itself if nice and stylish, and service was pretty good.
We were staying at the Hoxton, and this was pretty close to the hotel. But I think from other parts of London, this might be a bit of a trek.

UK
“Overpriced and unable to cope with food intolerances.”
Reviewed April 22, 2009

Hubby took me to Fifteen for my 40th, along with 3 members of my family. He chose this particular restaurant as he likes Jamie Oliver and felt that the staff there would know what was in their food and be able to cope with our food intolerances. My sister and I are extremely lactose intolerant and hubby had phoned ahead to make sure that this could be accomodated. He was assured that it could.

Portions were tiny, foods that my sister and I could not eat were not substituted - just omitted, meaning that we ended up with half a course rather than something we could eat.

If a restaurant is NOT willing to cater for those with intolerances...then they should state that and let people find somewhere that IS willing.

Hubby spent over £400 on an evening which left all of us still hungry and appalled at such a waste of money. NOT good!

3 Thank Feckless_Wench
Leeds
“Over Priced, Tiny Portions, Patronising Staff!”
Reviewed April 21, 2009

Me and my partner booked a table at fifteen to celebrate my 27th birthday and opted for the 5 course menu + taster wines. After a long treck to get there we were seated downstairs. The tables are very close to eachother so we felt very on show. I was not blown away by the food at all. We eat at many restaurants so were expecting something special for the price, but they were quite tasteless. The waitresses were friendly yes, but in a mechanical way, as if they were reading from a script. The wines weren't special and we actually felt hungry after the meal!

Then the bill came - £290! We felt ripped off and dissapointed.

5 Thank GSPSLeeds