“Nice restaurant but we had expected better food.” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Jamie Oliver's Fifteen

Jamie Oliver's Fifteen
Reserve with OpenTable
Jamie Oliver's Fifteen is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #812 of 22,204 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: European, British
Good for: Bar scene, Business meetings, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Shoreditch
Transit: By tube: Go to Old Street station on the Northern Line (City branch), leave by exit 1 and walk north up City Road, on the right hand ride of the road. After about 3 minutes you"ll see 'Moorfields Eye Hospital' (on the left). Keep walking another minute until you come to a fireplace specialist called 'Renaissance'. Turn right into Westland Place.
Description: Jamie Oliver's Fifteen is a 'non-profit' restaurant, bar and charity near Old Street in Islington, London. We cook elegant, rustic, honest food that flicks your senses from classic, nostalgic flavours to new, inspired dishes cooked by super-skilled young minds. With a buzzing cocktail bar and a kitchen led by Robbin Holmgren. The menu at Fifteen is the kind of food Jamie and Robbin want to eat when they're at their happiest. Taking inspiration from around the world, all the dishes on our menu are designed for sharing. Using incredible British produce, whole animals and fish are butchered and prepared on site every day, and paired with ingredients so good they really speak for themselves.
“Nice restaurant but we had expected better food.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2013

We had heard a lot about Jamie Oliver's Fifteen so we had rather high expectations. When we arrived we where invited to the bar while we waited for our table. The drinks we got (mojito) where good, really good actually and our expectations where raised further. Fifteen minutes later we where guided down to our basement room. Down there it was loud, crowded and the staff seemed very stressed. We ordered one of their menus and asked the sommelier for some good wines. The sommelier did his best and helped us with our wine choice, but as stressed as he was he hadn't much time to tell us absolute the wines. The food then came in, they where served and two seconds later the waitress where gone and not much where said about the food. The food where ok (I had the risotto) but it wasn't that good. It was quite mainstream and didn't taste that much, the wine however, where better. One hour later we hade eaten our four dishes and the only thing we wanted where to get out and get to a more relaxed atmosphere.

Ok food, good wine and drinks, loud stressful environment.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
London, United Kingdom
“Good food - slow service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2013

We both enejoyed the set lunch menu, and the food arrived as described, hot and tasty !
I enjoyed the risotto and then the fish.I always try a rissotto if on the menu, as I know there's alot of work going into this & I could even see that from where I sat! Its a pity that the veg., is all 'extra' as this then starts to push up the bill.
I wasn't disappointed with either dishes, however my pudding was 'carbonated' and not great !
It had that bitter / burnt taste & had been spoilt, they shouldn't have served it !!
We also had a bottle of wine with our meal, & so paid just over £100 in total.
We won't need to visit again, as we've now 'ticked the box',we enjoyed it,but its not special.!

• Visited January 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
London, United Kingdom
“I thought it was average”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2013

The ravioli with potato and cauliflower sauce was very average and didn't hit the spot with me. The sticky date pudding was almost undercooked. Maybe I just didn't order the right dishes? I find it hard to find good italian.

Visited March 2013
Budapest, Hungary
“Zsolt”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2013

We were a big group of 25 people. Honestly they should not have taken us. We were squized in a small corner in the upper part of the restaurant with constant disturbance by waiters who could not get through between my chair and the column behind me. The service was very slow and full of mistakes from the begining, When serving antipasti we constantly missed either bread, or salt and pepper or olive oil. Main courses were served cold. I went for fish, which could have been very nice unless being covered by cold fennel salad. Dessert was the best of all, but waiters constantly faied to bring something we ordered, water, coffee, red wine in white wine glass, you name it. Forget about this place!

• Visited March 2013
London, United Kingdom
“One of my favourite places due to the food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2013

Fifteen is one of my favourite places to eat. Their food is always lovely, full of taste and wonderful. I love their burrata as a starter and always order it. They fish, pastas and rissotto's are beautifully done. Have yet to be dissapointed with the food. The staff are friendly but dont always get things right. There have been a couple of times when they have made mistakes with orders and portion sizes, luckily the food makes up for this.

• Visited February 2013