“Excellent Restaurant”

Jamie Oliver's Fifteen
Reserve with OpenTable
Jamie Oliver's Fifteen is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #827 of 22,564 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: European, British
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Shoreditch
Transit: By tube: Go to Old Street station on the Northern Line (City branch), leave by exit 1 and walk north up City Road, on the right hand ride of the road. After about 3 minutes you"ll see 'Moorfields Eye Hospital' (on the left). Keep walking another minute until you come to a fireplace specialist called 'Renaissance'. Turn right into Westland Place.
Description: Jamie Oliver's Fifteen is a 'non-profit' restaurant, bar and charity near Old Street in Islington, London. We cook elegant, rustic, honest food that flicks your senses from classic, nostalgic flavours to new, inspired dishes cooked by super-skilled young minds. With a buzzing cocktail bar and a kitchen led by Robbin Holmgren. The menu at Fifteen is the kind of food Jamie and Robbin want to eat when they're at their happiest. Taking inspiration from around the world, all the dishes on our menu are designed for sharing. Using incredible British produce, whole animals and fish are butchered and prepared on site every day, and paired with ingredients so good they really speak for themselves.
Minneapolis
“Excellent Restaurant”
Reviewed November 12, 2012

The food here was great, the wine was wonderful, the only real drawback is the place is kind of hard to get to, its not really in a main area and most of the patrons seemed to come and go by cab.

Visited October 2012

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Mamer, Luxembourg, Luxembourg
“Expensive average food in a very noisy unpleasant atmosphere”
Reviewed November 11, 2012

Our expectations were high as we love Jamie's books. But we have been disappointed with basic pasta without taste, but higly priced, very expensive average wines and a very unpleasant noisy athmosphere. For sure you'll find better food in London for 3/4 of the price.

1 Thank Georges K
United Kingdom
“Somewhere between 3-4 stars”
Reviewed November 11, 2012

My girlfriend booked Fifteen as my 25th birthday present. Although not being a huge fan of Jamie Oliver's food, I was very pleased to be going to somewhere so well known. The place itself is in a rather dingy part of London, but when you get to the front of it, it does look extremely inviting. We had a seven o'clock reservation, but arrived at 18:40pm, and we were seated immediately.What struck me immediately was how intimate the place is. Some people may find it a little bit cramped or claustrophobic, but I reallly liked it. We went for bread to start off with - which was very nice. Two types of bread were provided. One was a dense, salty one and the other was two bits of ciabatta. Could have done with a little bit more olive oil, and possibly some balsamic vingear. Was nice enough to keep the wolf from the doors.
Since it was my birthday, i opted for some wine. I can't claim to be a wine expert, but I like trying different things. I went for a large glass of the cheapest wine, which was really nice and very drinkable.
The main courses were a little disappointing if i am honest. I went for pasta with a beef ragu, and my girlfriend for the tagliatelle with walnut pesto. Hers was really tasty, but mine was a bit bland on the first mouthful. Had some more, and was more happy with it. Could have done with more seasoning though. It was quite a small portion. Adequate, but for £17.00, pretty expensive.
The pudding for me was the high point. Date sticky toffee pudding. Absolutely loved it... With mascarpone cream and caramel... One of the best puddings I have had! I could have eaten that all the way home.
I had two and a half glasses of wine, and we both had two courses and bread. The bill was just shy of £100. Not bad for a flagship restuarant.... Would defintely go back. I think I am more disappointed with my choice than I am with the experience. I really enjoyed myself. But perhaps expected a tiny bit more....

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank PStirups
Brussels, Belgium
“A horror !”
Reviewed November 9, 2012

The minute we stepped into the restaurant, we were disappointed as we walked in without being greeted, being a group of people out to enjoy a birthday dinner, it’s not what one would expect coming from such a high standard restaurant. Having 20 minutes late even though we called before to make the staff aware didn’t seem to change a thing as they give our table away…We were then told to wait at the bar while they were to set up another table, then we had to reach out for a waiter as they all seemed to make sure they were busy, difficult to distinguish who were the servers as they didn’t seem to be a dress code.
Having ordered a bottle of champagne to chill out, the bar man served us the glasses, which one was dirty, so after poring the champagne in the glass he then offered to change the glass and pored the drink back in the bottle to then poor it back out again…
We were seated at a table downstairs, near the till and were given a menu , which we thought was a the daily lunch menu at first but no it was the diner menu, so not much choice at all…Beans here and beans there, the choice of dishes was limited and standard, the combination of the food ,were very strange, eggplant with sea bass, beans with scallops…Not to mention the portion of bead which was a supplement of 3 slices per plate…So if you are 4, you are to order 2 portions…Some of the dishes we ordered with meat were not cooked, we then finished our meal with a bill for 4 for 300 pounds and did not even have a drink offered to us.
As we walked ourselves out of the restaurant, while waiting for the waitress who was on the phone to give us our coats, the manager came and asked us if we enjoyed the meal, which I politely informed him that we didn’t as to the many disappointments we experienced through all the evening, he then apologized and give me his business card and wished us a nice evening !Gracias Senior !

• Visited October 2012
2 Thank C S
Sudbury, United Kingdom
“Journey to Jamie's”
Reviewed November 6, 2012

Great atmosphere with delicious food and a knowledgeable wine guy. We had lunch and thought that the prices were reasonable. Didn't see any of the apprentices though - would have added to the experience.

• Visited October 2012