“Outstanding”

Neighborhood: Chelsea
Horley, United Kingdom
“Outstanding”
Reviewed April 6, 2013

Scalini's is quite a find - a lovely traditional Italian restaurant serving outstanding food.

Yes it's busy and bustling, but that's how a good Italian should be, and it won't be a cheap meal (but you shouldn't expect it to be given it's location and the quality).

I've visited several times for long leisurely lunches and always look forward to returning - thoroughly recommended.

• Visited March 2013
2 Thank MeowMeowMeowMeow

• Arabic first
  • Turkish first
JERUSALEM
“A wonderful Italian restaurant”
Reviewed April 4, 2013

This was the first time that I have eaten here and it was rightly up to expectations . The starter was superb .. wild mushrooms in garlic followed by one of the best rack of lamb that I have ever had. The wine list was very extensive and there is really very little - if anything - to criticize about this establishment. I was there with a friend at lunchtime and there was hardly an empty table. Highly recommended.

• Visited April 2013
2 Thank MINDLE22
Cairo, Egypt
“Excellent indeed”
Reviewed March 31, 2013

It is has been a few years ago, admittedly, that I have had the pleasure to go to Scalini's a few times, with friends as well as with business partners. It is just exquisite, with excellent service and amazing food. The Choice of wines is magnificent as well. It is like being in Italy, and at a very famous restaurant in Milano as well. London does offer a wide variety of restaurants. Scaini's for me was one of the best experiences. It left very good memories of the whole dinner experience, from the moment you walk in and are welcomed, to the seating, to the serving to the exquisite food. It is all like an enchanting dream experience. Highly recommended.

• Visited April 2012
2 Thank SHA12311
“Very Dissapointed!!!”
Reviewed March 29, 2013

Where do i start.

I was invited to go Scalini back in November 2011 with 5 of my friends, one of my friends who is a regular couldnt praise it enough, and when she asked me to go i said why not (taking into consideration how much my friend rated this place).

On arrival we were seated by the entrance not drafty thankfully BUT i think that every single waiter knocked my chair at one stage of the evening, not wanted that to ruin my evening i just got on with it and tried to enjoy as much as possible.

My friend recommended the Veal Milanese with pasta on the side. I told her i wasnt sure about the pasta as being Italian i like my pasta al dente, she said just ask the waiter to have it cooked that way.....when placing the order i specifically requested my pasta al dente and the waiter ASSURED me that it would be as i wished, when our mains arrived the Pasta was all gooey and the sauce like water, when the waiter who took my order cleared the table asked me how the pasta was i told him it was overcooked and tasteless and i couldnt eat it, he shrugged his shoulders and laughed no apology, indifferent to what i had just told him!!!, the Veal was ok but i should hope so with the amount they charged us. We also shared some starters and they seemed ok although the spare ribs were abit chewy and King Prawns overcooked and rubbery.

All in all the food was not to standard for a eatery in Knightsbridge, Overpriced at (£420.00) and seating Cramped. Will i be going again........NOT IN A MILLION YEARS.

Best avoid if your expecting real italian food and have fine taste buds.

• Visited April 2012
4 Thank MariAlex1980
London
“Again, so good”
Reviewed March 23, 2013

Lunch on the run this time, salmon with prawns and spinach. Perfect in the middle of a busy shopping day. Love this place.

Visited March 2013