“As authentic as you're going to get outside Naples”

Rossopomodoro - Chelsea
Ranked #799 of 23,023 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: South Kensington
Description: Our Neapolitan pizza and food are the most authentic you will find in London: come and try a genuine slice of Naples.
London, UK
“As authentic as you're going to get outside Naples”
Reviewed June 3, 2013

Most times when we go to London to visit our Italian friends we end up in this place.

I've lost count of the number of times we've been.

It's one of a chain that originated in Naples - which happens to be where Pizza originated, and also where our friends come from.

And it happens to be just opposite the hospital, just a walk away from our old flat.

Anyhow, if a Neapolitan family doesn't know where to get a good Pizza, who does? So that is what we usually have.

And it's very good, though not particularly cheap. But then again, this is London - and worse still, Chelsea.

The other dishes are pretty good, too.

Not a gourmet experience, but pretty quick.

It's usually crowded so I suggest booking.

I'm not sure about the service, to be honest. I suspect you get treated better if you're Italian, but I may be talking through my hat.

(I've actually eaten in the original Pizza restaurant, which is in a somewhat dangerous part of Naples. They only do two kinds of Pizza and disapprove of all the silly concoctions you see nowadays. It cost us 12 Euros for two - including beer).

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank Drayton36

London, United Kingdom
“VeryBusy but good atmosphere”
Reviewed May 22, 2013

This is the second time we visit Rossopomodoro in Fulham. We had pizza which was good and authentic.Dessert fantastic,we ordered Prosecco and was lovely .
Staff was kind and offered good fast service despite the restaurant being full.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank Travev
Aquitaine, France
“Very ordinary”
Reviewed May 17, 2013

Despite OK entrees of calamaro and bruschetta (hard to mess up toast and tomato), the pizza was soggy and awful and the pasta was even worse being over-cooked and over-oily and tasteless. Service was attentive though pushy, and décor uninteresting.
There is a significantly much better and much less expensive restaurant (Aglio e Olio) just 50 yards away, which was unfortunately fully booked on the night.
Wine selection is limited.
Worst of all it was expensive for this low quality of food.
We will definitely not go back, even if all other restaurants in the area are fully booked.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank LesH211
London
“Delicious food, annoying staff.”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

My lovely husband took me to RossoPomodoro for 'Woman's Day' celebration. Restaurant looks great, I love the decor. When we arrived the restaurant was almost empty, I saw a nice table next to the window and asked if we can seat there, but was told that it was reserved. Oh, well, we were seated somewhere else, close to the door which I did not like. We ordered our food, starters and mains and drinks. ten minutes later two couples entered the restaurant and asked the same person if they could seat at the table I asked to be seated, they were allowed. It really didn't look as if they had that table booked, as they asked to be seated there! So why we were not allowed? Anyway, few minutes later they changed their mind and sat somewhere else, five minutes after that another couple entered the restaurant and the same happened. So, I was of course very annoyed as why we were not good enough to have the window table?? I really disliked the guy who lied to us and then was parading the restaurant with silly smirk on his face.... But the food was really good, I can't fault that and the waitress who was serving us was great too. I had Vitulana pizza and my husband had Santagata Calzoni. Both were delicious. then we had desserts, Lemon sorbet and Baba, really good. So even though I was greatly annoyed the food was amazing and would recommend this restaurant.

• Visited March 2013
London
“Ok pizza, not so good pasta”
Reviewed April 11, 2013

Pizzas are pretty good at this Chelsea branch of the RossoPomodoro chain - bases are crisp, size is good and range offered is pretty wide. However the tomato sauce is very overpowering so be careful with the home of toppings as the more delicate flavours will be lost. Pasta not so great - again the tomato sauce ruins it - but there are one or two cream based variations that are ok. Pasta selection not great thought, and no bolognese at all. Service good, prices cheap, and still leagues better than the rubbish Pizza Express across the road. For pizza it's the best place on this stretch of Fulham Road. For better pasta go to Aglio Oglio just a few doors further along

• Visited April 2013