“Ok pizza, not so good pasta” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Rossopomodoro - Chelsea

Rossopomodoro - Chelsea
Ranked #638 of 22,204 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza, European
Good for: Dining on a budget, Kids, Special occasions, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: South Kensington
Description: Our Neapolitan pizza and food are the most authentic you will find in London: come and try a genuine slice of Naples.
London
“Ok pizza, not so good pasta”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2013

Pizzas are pretty good at this Chelsea branch of the RossoPomodoro chain - bases are crisp, size is good and range offered is pretty wide. However the tomato sauce is very overpowering so be careful with the home of toppings as the more delicate flavours will be lost. Pasta not so great - again the tomato sauce ruins it - but there are one or two cream based variations that are ok. Pasta selection not great thought, and no bolognese at all. Service good, prices cheap, and still leagues better than the rubbish Pizza Express across the road. For pizza it's the best place on this stretch of Fulham Road. For better pasta go to Aglio Oglio just a few doors further along

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank AlexandraUdinov

“Proper Pizza”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2013

When I want to eat a nice pizza outside my born land(Ischia-Naples) this is a nice place to go
Very good pizza,nice choice of antipasti and nice desserts all the Neapolitan way. Staff also are very welcoming and kind,price are reasonable after all too.

• Visited December 2012
Londra, Regno Unito
“Rosso Pomodoro - Fulham”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

I have been in different Rosso Pomodoro and I believe the all serves a pretty good pizza, and this should be a good start... what is absolutely not acceptable is the service of the Fulham branch!
I went there with a bunch of friends for a Pizza after work, the place is pretty nice (standard but nice) and warm. We have been asked for the starters we did not want, the waiter then became pushy offering us a very fresh Mozzarella di Bufala which we decided to share it... one of the worst mozzarella I ever tried, I am sure you can find better mozzarella even in Tesco...
But the surprise came with the bill: 1 shared mozzarella (not fresh and definitely not good!):24£!!
Last but not least: we had a pretty similar experience (other collegues  )with the pushed Aperol Spritz “made as in italy do” who was absolutely undrinkable.

Bottom line: like the pizza, avoid everything else!

• Visited August 2012
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank wsep
London, United Kingdom
“Friendly atmosphere and good quality food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2013

Rossopomodoro in Chelsea has always been one of our favourite restaurants.
We have been lately after a long break and we found a new friendly environment.
The manager was really helpful to find us the table and the waiter was really attentive on our needs and requests.
Furthermore the food was good. My boyfriend ordered a pizza and I chose a kind of pasta.
Both of them were really tasty and well cooked.
We will be back without any doubt and I will suggest this restaurant to all my friends

• Visited January 2013
“Authentic Neapolitan Pizza!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 15, 2013

I am a born and bred Londoner, who is lucky enough to have spent time all over Italy. However, when I'm back in the UK, I struggle to find anything that even resembles real pizza, with all the Americanized chains and delivery companies murdering the ideas and symbolism of Italian cuisine! That is until I stumbled across this little gem on Fulham Road. I have seen this chain all over Italy but had no idea it had spread this far north, and I have to say the pizza and starters were right on par with even the best quality food I have tried in Italy. The food was delicious and had some original concepts and twists on the traditional Neapolitan starters. The staff were in keeping with the famous Italian exuberance and were friendly, chatty, efficient and even very pretty!! The prices are reasonable, especially for its location, and the atmosphere was buzzing. 11 out of 10 for this restaurant. Already looking forward to my next visit!!

• Visited December 2012