“Proper Pizza”

Rossopomodoro - Chelsea
Reserve with OpenTable
Rossopomodoro - Chelsea is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #884 of 23,677 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: South Kensington
Description: Our Neapolitan pizza and food are the most authentic you will find in London: come and try a genuine slice of Naples.
Reviewed March 31, 2013

When I want to eat a nice pizza outside my born land(Ischia-Naples) this is a nice place to go
Very good pizza,nice choice of antipasti and nice desserts all the Neapolitan way. Staff also are very welcoming and kind,price are reasonable after all too.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

I have been in different Rosso Pomodoro and I believe the all serves a pretty good pizza, and this should be a good start... what is absolutely not acceptable is the service of the Fulham branch!
I went there with a bunch of friends for a Pizza after work, the place is pretty nice (standard but nice) and warm. We have been asked for the starters we did not want, the waiter then became pushy offering us a very fresh Mozzarella di Bufala which we decided to share it... one of the worst mozzarella I ever tried, I am sure you can find better mozzarella even in Tesco...
But the surprise came with the bill: 1 shared mozzarella (not fresh and definitely not good!):24£!!
Last but not least: we had a pretty similar experience (other collegues  )with the pushed Aperol Spritz “made as in italy do” who was absolutely undrinkable.

Bottom line: like the pizza, avoid everything else!

1  Thank wsep
Reviewed February 11, 2013

Rossopomodoro in Chelsea has always been one of our favourite restaurants.
We have been lately after a long break and we found a new friendly environment.
The manager was really helpful to find us the table and the waiter was really attentive on our needs and requests.
Furthermore the food was good. My boyfriend ordered a pizza and I chose a kind of pasta.
Both of them were really tasty and well cooked.
We will be back without any doubt and I will suggest this restaurant to all my friends

Reviewed January 15, 2013

I am a born and bred Londoner, who is lucky enough to have spent time all over Italy. However, when I'm back in the UK, I struggle to find anything that even resembles real pizza, with all the Americanized chains and delivery companies murdering the ideas and symbolism of Italian cuisine! That is until I stumbled across this little gem on Fulham Road. I have seen this chain all over Italy but had no idea it had spread this far north, and I have to say the pizza and starters were right on par with even the best quality food I have tried in Italy. The food was delicious and had some original concepts and twists on the traditional Neapolitan starters. The staff were in keeping with the famous Italian exuberance and were friendly, chatty, efficient and even very pretty!! The prices are reasonable, especially for its location, and the atmosphere was buzzing. 11 out of 10 for this restaurant. Already looking forward to my next visit!!

Reviewed November 28, 2012

Came with 2 friends for dinner. Service was good to start until more Italian customers came in, then we were actively ignored. Food was poor quality and overpriced, menu descriptions were delicious but the food was poor and flavourless and parts were disgusting, I told the manager but he didn't seem to care.
Waitress ignored us for about 20 mins when asking for the bill, even when she was about a foot away. When we finally got it we couldn't pay as the waitress's English was so poor she couldn't understand the words '13' and '24.30' stated several times, eventually I had to tell her in Italian. Why work in a customer facing role in ENGLAND if you can't speak ENGLISH? Ludicrous.
Asked for the service charge to be removed. I don't think poor food and deliberately rude service deserves a tip.

3  Thank JayJayBee123