“Really enjoyable experience”

Good for: Special occasions, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Shoreditch
Transit: Nearest station Shoreditch high street 1 min., Liverpool and Old street 8-10 minutes. Buses 388,8 and N8 servicing 1 min away.
Dublin, Ireland
“Really enjoyable experience”
Reviewed July 11, 2013

A group of us went here before we went to the Sister resetaurant "Les Trois Garcons" for dinner and then back after for a drink afterwards as well. I was told to make a reservation just in case it was busy which I did and worked out well. The cocktails are of a very high quality, a little on the pricey side but still well worth it. I really enjoyed the quirky interior and staff were friendly.

• Visited June 2013

“Pleasantly surprised”
Reviewed July 7, 2013

Found this gem with a quick Toptable search. Walked in without a reservation on a Sunday evening - very quiet, but I'm told it's busier on a Friday and Saturday. Welcoming staff. Lovely layout and decor - exposed brick walls, trinkets everywhere, just low enough lighting for that intimate feel. Large enough cocktail menu to provide a wide selection without being overwhelmed. Food absolutely outstanding; 8 plates between three of us at about £6 a dish but well worth it. We will definitely be coming back!

• Visited July 2013
“Excellent”
Reviewed July 4, 2013

Now this is a bar that sends standards on how you need to treat people at the door - I've been here many a times - they're just nice, kind and lovely to everyone equally.

There tequila old fashioned is to die for although almost all of their cocktails are amazing.

Visited July 2013
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“W O W”
Reviewed July 3, 2013

The cocktails served at Loungelover are the best I've ever tasted.
There was just too much choice so we will have to go back again ! Fab bar, great music, a real funky place tucked away behind Les Trois Garçons. Try the 'sweet little nothing' - I've never tasted anything so delicious !

Visited June 2013
“Typical Shoreditch pretentiousness”
Reviewed June 16, 2013

Came here a while ago for a friend's birthday. We had booked a private section of the restaurant at the back, and instead of a proper sit down meal, it was more of a relaxed and informal canape affair. As a vegetarian, I was really disappointed with the veggie food on offer, considering I had paid just as much (a lot!) as everyone else. Firstly, all the meat options had priority (unsurprisingly!) and came out first, leaving the vegetarians waiting for 20 minutes whilst we watched everyone else tuck into their meat and seafood. Desperate for something, I even went to the bar to see if I could whet my appetite...oh no...this place is far too high brow for bar snacks. When the veggie things finally arrived, they were just some very bland and uninteresting pakoras (I've had better at the Sainsbury's deli counter) and a few sweet potato fries...£30 well spent! The carnivores of the group got tempura prawns, chicken and pork skewers and mini rump burgers with fois gras (I do love a place that serves the livers of force fed geese and ducks) - all of which really lacked good presentation. Looking on their website, the canape menu also lists camembert cheese & fig chutney crackers as another veggie option. However, this wasn't served to us (perhaps my friend who had organised the evening didn't order them) - either way, the vegetarians of the group were left feeling like they'd just been robbed. For dessert, we had a couple of platters of dry, mini cinnamon doughnuts - no dipping sauce to accompany them...nothing. Poor. The staff were friendly enough, but I felt that more time had been spent on elaborately decorating the place (I felt like I was in an antique shop!), rather than trying to create a great atmosphere for the customers. This, to me, was just another pretentious Shoreditch joint - a blatant case of style over substance.

• Visited May 2013