“Great service, Great cocktails.”
Review of Loungelover

Loungelover
Ranked #14,115 of 22,516 Restaurants in London
Good for: Special occasions, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Drinks, Late Night, Full Bar, Reservations, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Shoreditch
Transit: Nearest station Shoreditch high street 1 min., Liverpool and Old street 8-10 minutes. Buses 388,8 and N8 servicing 1 min away.
London, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great service, Great cocktails.”
Reviewed March 6, 2013

Firstly, I am in total surprise at the previous review I have just read. Rude couldn't be further from the truth! I was also in loungelover on a Saturday night with 2 friends and by reading through this review theirs was just an unfortunate experience which could have happened anywhere.
Our experience was fantastic.We had 3 cocktails each, which the waiter recommended and each of them was as good as the last. All the staff were friendly throughout the evening even though they were rushed off their feet. I would highly recommend this bar if you want a lovely sophisticated evening with great customer service.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank Missr485

Peterborough, United Kingdom
“RUDE RUDE RUDE”
Reviewed March 4, 2013

Although i have to agree, the atmosphere and drinks were very good although expensive my experience here was terrible and will never return!
I visited here last weekend (saturday), it was our friends wedding anniversary and the first time either couple had been away for a night out in over a year due to new babies and commitments. After a great night out we finished our night here with a few cheeky cocktails. Upon leaving we asked the waiter for the bill and got up to leave. After a few minutes we slowly made our way outside. With this 4 members of staff came running outside shouting at us that we had not paid! Both our husbands went back in to sort this out. My friend husband then came back outside to stand with us. My husband had not returned so we decided to go and find him only to be told by the bouncer that we were no longer allowed in and was incredably rude!! We had paid the bill in full and would never dream of ever doing such a thing. The manager then came back to apologise telling us to come back onther night!!!!! I will never ever go back to this place. You need to get more efficient waiter service and get your facts straight before accusing your customers 'IN THE STREET' of stealing!!! Absolutly appauled at this service. Disgraceful.

• Visited March 2013
2 Thank Sianiesian
London, England, United Kingdom
“Just come over and see for yourself”
Reviewed February 19, 2013

Absolutely amazing drinks and atmosphere. Possibly the best bar in Londion except if you have issues with taxidermy. Follow up with a (slightly pricey) dinner at Les Trois Garcon or eat from the sushi menu (or go elswhere in shoreditch for a bite) but do come here at least once this year.

Visited February 2013
Portland, Oregon
“All about the ice.”
Reviewed December 28, 2012

We first came to Loungelover in August 2011 and it redefined our idea of what cocktails could be. We both felt eager to spend all our money trying every single drink on their extensive menu, even though they were the most expensive drinks I ever had, didn't matter. Management then was incredibly friendly, comping us drinks and and giving us a tour and history of the establishment. We felt we had made long friends after two visits.

We returned to London December 2012 and tonight decided to revisit.

The last drink I had the year prior was recommended by the manager and it was simply an Old Fashioned, but it was the best I ever had, which had a single hand cut piece of ice with a piece of fruit inside it. So cool.

This time, the same drink was overflowing with ice, not lovingly chipped from a block either, and so much ice that my nose kept the ice from spilling out.

Then I saw a table of seven people who were toasting each other and their drinks as well were overflowing with chopped ice. My girlfriend's drink came, also mostly ice!

Now any bartender knows that's a cheap trick. And mind you these cocktails are £10 or more, so this is really expensive, machine made ice.

The couple ounces of drink under all that ice was still good, but come on now...

Staff was young and super sexy, but our server was standing around playing with her hair when both of us were waiving our arms around like idiots trying to get the bill from her. She did her best otherwise. Also the kitchen was closed, even though Christmas and Boxing Day were over.

• Visited December 2012
Beirut, Lebanon
“Pretty cool. Worth going at least once.”
Reviewed December 5, 2012

I went for pre-dinner cocktails and appetizers. The setting and decoration are original and tasteful making the place a bit of a change of scenery from your usual trendy bar. The service was excellent, a tad overdone I would say. We had simple drinks off the menu (excellent gin&tonic btw) because the description of cocktails is just tooooooooo long and if you go for a drink you do not want to spend 20 minutes reading the menu. I would suggest some changes in that area. The food we had was of great quality.

• Visited October 2012