Tripadvisor

Cuisines: European
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Southbank
Description: Skylon takes its name from the original, iconic structure that was built for the 1951 Festival of Britain and the restaurant's design echoes the style of the Royal Festival Hall during the same period. Situated on the third floor of the Southbank Centre, Skylon boasts outstanding views over the River Thames from its huge floor-to-ceiling windows. Executive Head Chef Helena Puolakka brings a wealth of experience to the kitchen, following time at sister restaurant Pont de la Tour. Look out for regularly changing menus with an emphasis on seasonal ingredients combined simply and imaginatively. Visit the Skylon website for sample menus and further information.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Had a fabulous time at Skylon. The views are awesome. I cannot tell you how nice,friendly and knowledgeable the staff are, especially Ergyun-fabulous. Will definitely be back

Date of visit: January 2020
Skylon-GM, General Manager at Skylon Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Chan T,

Thank you for such a lovely review, I was delighted to learn how much you enjoyed your experience and appreciated the warm, natural service extended by every colleague. We look forward to welcoming you back to Skylon whenever your plans allow.

Mehmet Sihlaroglu

Write a reviewReviews (3,044)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Would love to give this restaurant a higher score. The food was lovely and the service attentive. But they had live music playing and the cacophony of sound was almost unbearable, what with all the patrons talking and trying to be heard above the music. I could barely hear what my friends were saying. Skylon, DITCH THE MUSIC!! I won't be returning until you do.

2  Thank Dallas H

Dear Dall,

Thank you for your constructive review, I am delighted you enjoyed your meal and thank you for bringing to our attention the sound level issues you experienced, for which please accept my sincere apologies, as well as my assurance that this matter was addressed and rectified immediately following your meal.

We offer live performances for our Saturday brunch service, however, sound levels are at moderate levels on rest of the days of the week.

I do hope we may have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Skylon when you are next in the area.

Best regards,

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Today me and my family had the the great oportunity to dine at skylon, we went for a 3 corse set menu that was amazing and affordable. I want to give special thanks to Valerio for looking after us so well even tho it was hes first shift. Well be sure to come back here with a different ocasion.

Date of visit: January 2020
Skylon-GM, General Manager at Skylon Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Xonimax04,

Reviewed January 19, 2020

Plusses - Very fast service so excellent for a pre-concert meal. The food is okay - a good and varied menu, but everything is significantly overpriced - and that's from someone used to London prices. If you charge £25 for a chicken kiev it really needs to taste special...and when your wine list starts at around £40 a bottle...again you think it will be a higher standard of fare. Its not. its fine. the foods fine. the service is fine. the view is great if you get the right table which luckliy we did. otherwise it would lose another star.

Dear Acton-Clan,

Thank you for your detailed review, I am delighted you enjoyed the speed of service and thank you for bringing to our attention the taste quality of the Chicken Kiev, for which please accept my sincere apologies, as well as my assurance that this matter was addressed and rectified immediately following your meal.

Please also allow me to point out that our house wine is priced at £28 and we list decent amount of reasonably priced wines on our list.

Best regards,

Reviewed January 19, 2020

There are so many places to choose from on the South Bank, but Skylon in the RFH is hard to beat. The food, wine, decor, service and (of course) the views are are all first rate.

Dear KateFD,