“Wonderful - love it”

Cuisines: Armenian, European, Mediterranean, Middle Eastern
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: South Kensington
Reviewed October 10, 2012

I have nothing but wonderful things to say about Jakob's - travelling to London on business, I stopped there for lunch on a whim and was so taken by the great food and wonderful, warm staff that I was back the very next day for lunch again. The food is honest to goodness delicious and the surroundings ecclectic but comfortable.

The food is a combination of Armenian and middle eastern (with perhaps a little bit of Greek/Turkish thrown in). The menu changes almost daily. The servings are generous in size. I highly recommend this restaurant and I will most certainly return.

1  Thank KikiWorld

Reviewed May 22, 2012

During my last trip in London I went twice to Jakob's. The food is great, fresh and very tasty. It was enjoyed by my family and also by me (I have many food restrictions)
The place is cozy with old furniture and a back room full of light.
Jazz music
I highly recommend to eat there or take away

2  Thank jbeebee
Reviewed December 20, 2011

We ate at Jakob's when in London over 10 years ago and enjoyed it so much that we returned this year. The food was equally delicious although more Mediterranean than Armenian. We were given a warm welcome and were brought up to date with news of the family. It was worth the bus ride from Vauxhall.

Reviewed November 2, 2011

My family has been eating at Jakobs since it opened over ten years ago. It is the only place I trust as much as my own kitchen to turn out food of uncompromising quality: fresh, nourishing, and flavorful. Most dishes at Jakobs derive from the Mediterranean, and many of the best betray the owner/manager's Armenian roots. The vibrant colors of the offerings, displayed behind a glass counter so diners can pick and choose, indicate ingredients superior to those at most mezze parlours, and vivid flavors affirm this impression. The staff at Jakobs work hard to maintain high standards of service and have earned a loyal following among those of us who have come to count on it for good, fresh food.

Reviewed March 6, 2011

My friends and I had dinner at Jakobs after attending an event in Kensington. We wanted to try it out as a quick google identified the place as an Armenian restaurant, and we were a group of young Armenians. The food was very good: very tasty, and organic too.

The Armenian dishes are authentic, if you wish to try Armenian cuisine; the waitress told us that they have several chefs, including an Armenian lady who makes the Armenian dishes, such as dolma (stuffed vegetables - when we ate there they had stuffed cabbage leaves). However your choice is not limited to Armenian food as they have some western European and Mediterranean dishes, such as ratatouille and greek salad.

The restaurant operates in a sort of canteen style: you go to the counter and order your food and they plate it up and serve you at your table. It's worth asking them what they have, and what they would recommend, as not everything is on display. The restaurant is not particularly geared towards serving large groups, we were a group of 10, but the staff are very accommodating and will do their best to serve everyone as quickly as possible.

All in all, Jakobs comes highly recommended :)