“Perfect tea at a decent price”

Harlequin Restaurant
Ranked #2,321 of 24,268 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Covent Garden
Description: Bringing the best produce to the beautiful setting of Kingsway Hall, the Harlequin Restaurant offers diners fine seasonal British dishes in relaxed, bright and welcoming surroundings. The Harlequin Restaurant offers a fabulous buffet breakfast selection, Express Lunch, Elegant Afternoon Tea through to the Chef's Dinner Menu. Harlequin Restaurant is also available for daily private hire, an ideal option for large groups, birthday celebrations, hen parties and other special occasions.
Reviewed July 3, 2014

Located a 5 minute walk from Holborn station, the Harlequin Restaurant is a great option for anyone wanting to try high tea in downtown London for a reasonable price. At a mere 23 pounds per person (including gratuity added in at the end) my friends and I had a fantastic experience at the Harlequin Restaurant. The afternoon tea is a set menu that lets you pick from about 10 teas, and includes a variety of finger foods including sandwiches, pastries, and scones. If you wanted more scones, hot water for your tea, or pastries it was free of charge and only additional sandwiches cost extra. But for my group of four the sandwiches provided were more than enough. What I enjoyed most about the Harlequin Hotel experience however was the atmosphere. Located in a room I can only describe as open and ritzy, my friends and I got to enjoy watching the hustle and bustle of the London city on an afternoon from behind large glass windows. Additionally, or perhaps more importantly, we didn't feel rushed. The staff let us stay literally over three hours. Overall, I would say for the price and the experience of high tea it's a great place to go. I cant speak to other peoples experience but mine was positive and so I recommend the restaurant.

1  Thank Geographer54
Reyaz_KWH, Manager at Harlequin Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded July 4, 2014

Dear Geographer54 ,

Greetings !!

Thank you very much for visiting Harlequin restaurant & posting such lovely comment. Our afternoon tea is the most valued afternoon tea in Central London. We pride ourselves in what we do , Our restaurant indeed has a very relaxed ambience & guest feel very comfortable once they step in from the hustle & bustle of Covent garden.

We are very much delighted to read your comment & hope to see you again.

Food & Beverage Manager

Reviewed June 30, 2014

My sister and I stumbled across this fantastic find online when looking to book a suprise afternoon tea for our mothers 60th birthday. Having advised the hotel via the booking website it was my mothers birthday, they absolutely delivered on every possible level.

From the moment we arrived we were greeted warmly by their staff and had our bags carried into the grand reception area for us. We were looked after from start to finish and shown to our table straight away and served champagne immediately. Considering it was horrible and wet outside, this lovely warm welcome was greatly received.

The afternoon tea itself was absolutely beautiful. A lovely variety of freshly prepared sandwiches, a selection of scones, pastries and cakes and clotted cream and jam, what more could you want? To top it off we were told that if we finished the scones and cakes we could ask for any many more as we like completely free of charge! However we were far too full to do that.

The staff were very presentable, always smiling and incredibly attentive to ourselves and every single table in the restaurant. The staff had arranged for a separate happy birthday dish to be served to our mother with a candle in a little chocolate cake. This separate touch absolutely made it for us, the focus and overall warmth from the staff made this a really special birthday treat.

Thank you!

1  Thank Leesa M
Reviewed June 30, 2014

Lovely setting, table set for 2 in tastefully decorated room. Good choice of tea, enjoyed our sandwiches with range of interesting breads. Scones were light and tasty. Little pastries, themed with Strawberries "Wimbledon" style, very good, and we were offered more pastries and scones, and had 3 pots of tea each. Staff were attentive and charming. Very nice indeed.

Review collected in partnership with this restaurant
Reviewed June 22, 2014

As the title says, very nice food, good value from this hotel. The buffet breakfast was fantastic and I recommend this highly.

Reyaz_KWH, Manager at Harlequin Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded June 23, 2014

Dear Damon H,

Greetings !!

Thank you very much for your feedback . We are happy to know that you enjoyed the buffet breakfast in Harlequin restaurant . We do hope that you revisit Kingswayhall Hotel soon.

Food & Beverage Manager

Reviewed June 14, 2014

I had afternoon tea at the Harlequin Restaurant Kingsway Hall Hotel. The experience could not have been better. I booked online at www.afternoontea.co.uk and I got a 25% discount, which was great. 5-star service for a 5-star afternoon tea. Unlimited number of scones (plain or with sultanas) and unlimited tea, too. I really enjoyed it, and of course, I recommend it.

Reyaz_KWH, Manager at Harlequin Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2014

Dear Bakenis,

Greetings from Harlequin Restaurant .

Thank you very much for visiting Harlequin restaurant . We read your comment with great delight . My team endeavour to achieve excellence always & review like yours encourage us to excel in providing quality food & excellent service to our client.

Thank you very much for such wonderful feedback & do visit Harlequin restaurant when you in London next time.