“Terrible” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of My Old Dutch - Holborn

My Old Dutch - Holborn
Reserve with OpenTable
My Old Dutch - Holborn is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3,055 of 22,204 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Dutch, European
Good for: Large groups, Kids, Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Holborn
“Terrible”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 12, 2013

Service was incredibly slow. We had been waiting in the doorway for at least 5 minutes, several times staff walked past us but no one even acknowledged us.
Despite ordering our sweet option with our starter order we waited 40 minutes for it to arrive. We were told the tea we ordered was ready only when we told them not to bother and to just bring the bill.
I've had poffetjes in the Netherlands, there they are light delicious little pancake bites. At My Old Dutch they are thick stodgy and chewy. They look more like blinis than pancakes.
I was excited that Shrove Tuesday had fallen on my birthday but was thoroughly disappointed with this pancake house.

• Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Swindon, United Kingdom
“What a let-down”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 5, 2013

My husband used to work near here a few years ago & has always told me how good it was so I was really looking forward to it. When we arrived we were seated straight away by a harrassed, grumpy waitress. We were near the door which didn't shut properly so it was very cold. After 15 minutes, 3 more tables had arrived in the area we were in, but none of us had been served. We decided to leave. As we walked out I noticed that the other part of the restaurant was full. There must have been 40 people there & one waitress trying to serve everyone. No wonder she was so grumpy! At £8 a pancake, I think they could afford to employ a few more staff.

• Visited February 2013
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
“Quick service but beware optional service added to total”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2013

Have a quick lunch in this afternoon. Overall the atmosphere and service was not bad. I order a pint of Heineken and a Lamb Pancake. If you ask me what they should improve, I will say the pancake was not enough ( but the filling is okay ). Staffs were friendly but a bit too casual.

I understand all catering staffs are relying on the gratuity as part of their wage but I don't agree what they did cox they did not mention on the menu. I am happily to pay more than they suggest on the bill if it voluntary or they did mention before hand.

• Visited January 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Should be better”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2013

I have very fond memories of My Old Dutch stretching back to my childhood and apparently they have been around since 1958 (I'm not that old!) and while the Monday Any/All Pancakes for £5 is wonderful there are some elements that are more than a bit tired... The plates are badly chipped which I think has gone beyond shabby chic and into just plain shabby while the toilets are reported by my Better Half as being badly in need of re-vamping... or at least cleaning.

Overall it was a fun trip but currently only really suitable for cheapo student-esque nights out rather than anything more but with only a tiny bit of work it could be/would be much better

• Visited January 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Very special pancakes!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2013 via mobile

Wide selection if both sweet and savoury pancakes. It's a very popular place especially on Saturdays when many of other restaurants in the area are closed. Portions are big and service is fast. We got 2 mains and 2 cups of coffee for £27 service included (although the 12.5% service charge is extra on the menu). Tap water is complimentary. I would recommend it as their pancakes are something unusual and unique to this place.