“Absolutely Fabulous”

Cuisines: Indonesian, Malaysian, Thai
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed July 12, 2013

This small restaurant in N W London is a refreshing surprise!

Authentic Indonesian decor and friendly, efficient staff, combined with an excellent menu and delicious food at reasonable prices, make for an thoroughly enjoyable experience.

AND - you can park!

Highly recommended.

Reviewed May 27, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I have visited Jakarta's twice since January and have really enjoyed the food both times we went. The food is always hot, tastes delicious and is served with nice garnish and dips - I particularly like the hot chilli sauce that you can ask for.
On the negative side the 1st time we went we didn't book. The waitress was rude, abrupt, and even took the dishes away as we were still eating them - it was so rude we found it comical! We did decide to give it a second go and booked. The service was totally different although it was the same waitress! Kind, polite, helpful and left to eat at our own pace. I would definitely recommend eating here, just make sure you book in advance!

Reviewed May 25, 2013

The little Jakarta Restaurant at 7 Sheaveshill Parade in Colindale, London, is quaint and charming. It is located in a multiculti corner. I could see a halal food market and Caribbean hairdressers across the street from my window seat. Around the corner there are apparently a MacDonalds and a Kentucky Fried Chicken, but those are absolutely not compelling if there is a Jakarta Restaurant! The decor is fusion with English furniture but Balinese and Thai woodcarvings crowding every corner and niche. The food is Indonesian, Malaysian and Thai and the young women with black hair who serve so graciously hail from there and also China. They made the meal special because of their kind attentiveness. I had vegetarian Thai Green Curry which was excellent, and vegetarian spring rolls ,,,with potatoes and carrots!! I think that was the concession to being located in England. It was juist a quick meal as I was tired from traveling and only wanted a quick bite, but it was so good and reasonable in price that I wanted to take it home with me and put it on the corner of my own street.

Reviewed May 20, 2013

Have been going to this restaurant for years. It is a little gem found in a street off of Colindale the food is of a high standard and the service is excellent. You have to book as this is busy and buzzy without being too noisy

Reviewed April 27, 2013 via mobile

Greasy spring rolls and the refusal to change one of the mains that was also soaked in oil is the reason for the bad review. On the plus side the fish cakes were nice. Pad thai average. Lamb chops were very tough. Look elsewhere for a real Thai