“Nothing special.”

Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Soho
Reviewed April 11, 2013

So me and my friend went to this restaurant for my birthday after researching quite a few places in soho. First impressions were good, the decor was nice. We received our starter of kebabs which was basically one kebab cut into three small pieces which was over priced. Our mains was not spicy at all even though we asked for extra hot. Food is over priced and service was slow. Not sure if would go back.

Reviewed April 9, 2013

Terrific meal when we paid our first visit. I say our first visit, but the restaurant is actually on the site of the famous Marquee Club where my wife and I went many times in our younger days. In fact we had our first date there 43 years ago! When my wife mentioned this to our very friendly server Indre (who was superb throughout), she appeared with glasses of bubbly, which was a nice touch.
We had their special cocktails & food pairing tasting menu, which was excellent - the quality of the food was outstanding and the cocktails unusual and intriguing.
Prices seemed very reasonable for food of this standard, and the half price happy hour (5.30 - 7.30) cocktails are some of the best value in Soho.
Will definitely be back.

Reviewed March 22, 2013

Amazing place to dine. The staff very friendly and made us feel so comfortable. Our waitress Christina was at her very best.my self and my girl would definitely come back again n again.

Reviewed October 22, 2012 via mobile

Came here on a Monday evening for the early evening menu. We're sat at bar for 30 mins and had to ask to go to our table... At the table we ordered quickly but both poppadoms and starters arrived before our drinks (just colas!) had to prompt waiter (Elvis) our drinks hadn't arrived. The food was excellent, really tasty and came quickly and hot. Vegetarian options great and portions decent size. Had starters and mains and also ordered a naan and total bill was £20 each so very good value. However service failed again as we finished the meal at 8pm and weren't approached again - at 8.45pm had to eventually ask for the bill! Felt neglected in a fairly empty room for a Monday, spoiled the experience a bit. Shame as food was tasty.

Reviewed July 8, 2012

I went to Meza with a friend from out of town on her birthday. We were wandering up Wardour Street looking for inspiration and decided to try this place. The restaurant was pretty empty on a Monday night. When we pitched up, we had to wait a few minutes before anyone came to greet us and take us to our table. The guy who did pitch up looked almost surprised that we were there (do they not expect people to come to their restaurant?).

When we were seated, it took a while for anyone to come and take our drinks order and then we had to ask again before the drinks were brought. One of the waiters didn't seem to speak English and told us to ask someone else when I asked him a question about the food. The second waiter, who I asked about the portion sizes (whether they were small sharing plates or main courses) said they were regular mains, but advised us to also get a side (so, two mains and a side between us). Luckily I wasn't extremely hungry, because the plates were pretty small. But (and here's where the story changes), we were pleasantly surprised. The tandoori fish was nicely spiced and the other dishes we chose were flavoursome but not heavy. Overall, we were pretty pleased with the food. I'd probably go back and give the service another chance. The price is pretty reasonable for the area, too.