“Fairly average restaurant”

Ranked #605 of 23,677 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Italian, Seafood
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Fitzrovia
Description: Pescatori, established, relaxed and informal in Fitzrovia, fanatical about fish and all things Italian. We carefully select quality produce and support small local businesses, our shells and fish are always fresh and plump essential to creating authentic Italian flavours. The menu offers pastas, risottos, sharing platters, oysters, lobsters, steaks and more. If it is a Dover Sole you are after, this is the place to try it, our team are always happy to de bone it for you. Pescatori's wine list is comprehensive ensuring there is something on offer for you to enjoy with each dish.
Reviewed December 17, 2013

Pescatori rates itself very hightly. The menu is impressive, but when the food arrives it is fairly average fayre. Not much cooking, plently of 'assembling'. Service was OK, nice ambience too, but to charge £100 for two courses and a few glasses of wine is pushing it, even for London.
Much better places to go - some Michelin stared restaurants do much better food for similar prices

Reviewed December 17, 2013

I organised a work meal here in December and was very impressed with everything about Pescatori. I booked a private room and visited the restaurant beforehand as it was important everything went well. All the details were easy to sort out, which really helped. On the night everbody enjoyed themselves and remarked on how nice the restaurant was. The food was lovely, as was the room, and everything was so well organised and went like clockwork. I also thought it was extremely good value. Thank you so much, in particular to Magda and Tommy and their team, for helping to make it all a success!

Reviewed December 11, 2013

the most dissapointing night of my year....the service is a vanishing act,
the yello fin tuna starter was awful, with a chewy tempura batter, yuk...in fact am to angry to continue, just avoid this restaurant

2  Thank paul b
Reviewed December 6, 2013

My friend and I dined at the Pescastori restaurant Charlotte St for the first time and was very deflated and disappointed when our order arrived. I ordered Spaghettini all’aragosta Native lobster, San Marzano tomatoes, garlic & chill ( spaghetti and lobster) and she ordered Hamburger lobster & crab, brioche bun, seafood salsa.
Before placing the order she asked the waiter if the dish was hamburger in a bun. He told us it was served with chips. She placed the order but when it arrived it was an ordinary hamburger no trace of lobster or crab. Not wanting to make a fuss she eat a small portion and eat the chips.
My Spaghetti and lobster dish arrived but the spaghetti was undercooked and there was three pieces of go call lobster meat in the dish. In actual fact this was spaghetti dish which cost £22.50. I complained to the waitress who took the dish away and brought it back with the same three small pieces of so called lobster and a bit warmer (She told me she was going to add more lobster but all they did was to warm up the dish and returned it without adding more lobster)....What a scam!.....I again complained and the manager apologized and told me they didn't have any lobster and that he wouldn't charge me and also brought some more vegetable and something which tasted like fish marrow...it tasted very nasty.
As a result of no lobster included in the dish; the hamburger which had no lobster or crab we told the manager to remove the service charge from the bill which he did without any quibble.
Overall, the restaurant and service was fine, the staff was polite but I wont be going back to this branch again. I will try the Mayfair branch next time only because I have more Tesco clubcard vouchers to spend. I can't help wondering if they decided to serve us some cheap rubbish fish kind because they knew we were pay with Tesco clubcard vouchers. If that is the case they shouldn't subscribe to Tesco clubcard vouchers if they are not going to serve everyone equally.
would I recommend this restaurant to others? Definitely NO. Who wants to pay £22.50 for a bowl of spaghetti.

Reviewed December 6, 2013

This is a restaurant which invites you back like an old friend and there is a buzzy, but not over-loud atmosphere. The staff cannot do enough for you and the menu has something for everyone. Our Loch Duarte salmon was delicious and the accompanying Falanghina was a perfect match.
A deeply satisfying evening catching up with a friend who is a regular here.

1  Thank Panjane