TripAdvisor

Ranked #1,292 of 28,650 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: European, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: A London dining landmark for over 30 years - R.S Hispaniola, hosting 3 decks alongside cocktails and a luxurious afternoon tea, lunch and dinner. Come aboard and join us for a whole host of exciting dining experiences. Providing a la carte dining for lunch and dinner and accommodating both small and large groups, the Upper Deck won't disappoint. Feast on an array of great British themed delights and finish off with a cocktail or two in the bar. All while gazing out over the incredible views of London, including the Houses of Parliament, Big Ben and the London Eye. Enjoy afternoon tea in the Upper Deck with your besties, all finished off with a glass of bubbles. Located on the river Thames, 2 minutes walk from Embankment tube station and with spectacular views across the river. We are open from Monday to Saturday 12am to 11pm, Sunday 12am to 10pm, every day serving food from Midday to 9:30pm (Sundays 8.30pm).
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Lovely venue and fantastic table service from Andre. My family and I had arranged our annual get together and agreed on this wonderful venue. The food was delicious and well presented. I highly recommend a visit

Date of visit: September 2019
GavinHispaniola, Guest Relations Manager at R.S.Hispaniola, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Dear 291gillie,

It's a pleasure to hear that you enjoyed your recent visit.

We like to think that our great views across the Thames, warm service and seasonal, well presented dishes make for a great alternative to the usual dining spot and we're glad you think so too!

Come back again for our traditional afternoon tea with prosecco next time.

The R.S.Hispaniola Team

Write a reviewReviews (818)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Meal given as a gift from family. Very friendly and helpful staff. Had a slight problem with my steak but instantly replaced with apologies and a complimentary drink. Would definitely recommend this restaurant if you want good food, friendly staff and a good view.

Dear 714lizl,

It's a pleasure to hear that you enjoyed your recent visit.

We apologise for the initial issue with your steak, but we're glad to hear that this was promptly resolved with a replacement and drink, and you had a great evening with us.

We like to think that our great views across the Thames, warm service and seasonal dishes make for a great alternative to the usual dining spot and we're glad you think so too!

Come back again soon.

Reviewed September 16, 2019

Very impressed with this restaurant which is on a ship moored on the Victoria Embankment.
We were quickly shown to our seats in the 'Upper Deck' restaurant and an order for drinks was quickly taken. My friend picked a bottle of wine, of good quality, and the waiter advised to try another which was a little (£6) more expensive but said if we were not happy we would get it for half price. He was right and the wine was excellent.
Now for Sunday lunch I prefer a traditional roast but this is not on the menue here. So I picked a plain sirloin steak which was perfectly cooked to my likeing (M/R). Our vegan friend was also well looked after and the waiter even left the boat to go and buy an advocado for her salad. My wife had Lamb cutlets (3 of them) and thoroughly enjoyed them.
The service and food quality was excellent and I would recommend.
After our meal we went up on the top deck for drinks and sat in the sun on what was a beautiful day.

Date of visit: September 2019
GavinHispaniola, Guest Relations Manager at R.S.Hispaniola, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear BrockhallBob,

It's a pleasure to hear that you enjoyed your Sunday lunch with us.

We're always happy to cater to the different tastes and palates of our guests, recommending dishes and drinks whenever we can and helping to source different ingredients. Even if that means nipping to the shop!

Make sure to come back for a leisurely dinner next time.

Reviewed September 15, 2019 via mobile

So pleased that on a sunny Sunday afternoon we got a seat outside to enjoy a relaxing drink.
I can recommend the house white wine and my partner had a great Illy coffee. Lovely!

Date of visit: September 2019
GavinHispaniola, General Manager at R.S.Hispaniola, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear M8219GNannao,

We always appreciate feedback from our guests, so thank you for leaving an excellent review.

Sunny Sundays are made for enjoying a drink and soaking up some of the city's best views, so we're glad you chose to do so at the Hispaniola!

We hope to see you again for dinner next time.

Reviewed September 14, 2019 via mobile

My wife and I ate here earlier this week on a Virgin Experience Voucher bought by our daughter to celebrate my wife’s 70th birthday. We ate early in the evening having attended the matinee performance of Tina at the Aldwych Theatre. Despite arriving earlier than booked, we were shown to our table which had a great view of The Thames and the London Eye. The guy that attended to us explained the deal we were on which included two glasses of Prosecco and the set meal. This had a number of supplements on it and we chose one of these, the sirloin steak. The starter, main meal and sweet were all excellent and served politely and speedily. We had a wonderful visit which was only slightly spoilt by the fact that we were overcharged for our supplements. I only realised this on the tube later and I would like to think it was a genuine mistake. As part of the deal we were also given cruise tickets to use later. All in all a worthwhile visit and one which we will repeat. I will just make sure to check the bill next time to avoid enduring my wife’s wrath.

Dear ImmigrantTyke,

Hosting birthdays and celebrations is always a pleasure for us, so we're so glad to hear that you enjoyed your recent visit.

We like to think that our fast service and fresh dishes make for a great pre-theatre meal and the extra prosecco doesn't hurt too.

We apologise for the initial confusion regarding supplement charges, but we're glad to hear that this was resolved and you had a great evening with us.

Hopefully, we'll see you both again for our afternoon tea next time!