“Wonderful restaurant for an enjoyable evening”
Review of Mala Restaurant

Mala Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Mala Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2,196 of 22,853 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Transit: (NEAREST TUBE:TOWER HILL:DISTRICT & CIRCLE LINE) (C2C: Fenchurch Street) (DLR:Tower Gateway) (Bus 15,78)
Description: Situated in the heart of one of London's treasured hidden gems & finest tourist destination "St Katherine Docks Marina". Serves traditional & contemporary Indian cuisine from North & South India, from Curries to Tandoori clay oven baked delights. including a delicious variaty of seafood dishes within our menu. And also a generous array of fine wines from all over the globe to compliment the diverse flavours of our cuisne. With a seating capasity of 200, the ambience of our restaurant is welcoming and relaxing, surrounded with antiques, paintings & murials from historic palaces around India which gives you the atmospheric feeling that you are actually there. And adding to the ambience, the impressive and beautiful view of St Katherine Docks marina can be seen from any where in the restaurant.
Stockport, United Kingdom
“Wonderful restaurant for an enjoyable evening”
Reviewed January 16, 2013

We were staying at the nearby Tower Hotel and decided to visit St Katherine's Dock to find a place to eat. We came across the Mala Restaurant and I am glad that we did as we had a very enjoyable evening. The well presented food was freshly prepared, spicy but not too hot - it looked and tasted wonderful - the prawn poori starter was fantastic. From the time that we entered the restaurant the service was attentive but not obtrusive - the waiting staff were polite and readily available throughout our meal. The atmosphere was slightly lacking as we visited on a Monday evening and the restaurtant was not busy. If possible take a window seat that offers views over St Katherine's Dock. Note, in common with many London restaurants this establishment applies a 12.5% service charge irrespective of the number of diners.
I would not hesitate to go back to this restaurant when I am next in London.

• Visited January 2013

London
“I've had better”
Reviewed December 10, 2012

To be fair, my other half suggested this restaurant and whilst the decor and ambiance was lovely, I have eaten better Indian food. We both opted for the Non Veg Thali set menu. It consisted of a started - seekh kebab, vegetable samosa, some chicken and a few bread crumbed prawns. The best thing on my plate was the vegetable samosa. The main was the thali - It wasn't served as a thali - the dishes in their separate woks which kind of misses the point of being called a thali! The lamb was not as soft as I have had before.
Perhaps I am being over critical. I have eaten tastier food at local curry houses.
I think most people pay here for the location rather than the food.

Average at best.

• Visited December 2012
Warwick, United Kingdom
“Hot Hot Hot.....”
Reviewed November 28, 2012

Hello again Folks,

If you find this fair and Independent review of any help at all, please press the helpful button at the end. MANY THANKS.

We ate at the Mala Indian Restaurant on the night of Saturday 24th November, 2012.

This is most probably the largest Indian restaurant that we have eaten in and in my opinion, detracts from the ambience, cosiness and personal detail, that you may be familiar with at your local curry house. The décor, fixtures and fittings are very nice and modern and the restaurant had an upmarket feel to it.

Service was friendly and timely.

My Wife opted for Cod Rai and I, Chicken Tikka Madras. The Cod Rai was well presented and pretty if you will and my Wife said very tasty. My madras was hot. Very hot. I mean furnace hot. Uncomfortably hot. Hot enough to be a Bush Tucker trial for any celebrity in Get Me Out of Here!

Now I know that madras will change from restaurant to restaurant, but relatively speaking they are in the same ball park, but this madras was out of the park.

The bill for the two mains, with two glasses of vino and a water came to £52.00p

Many Thanks
Gary.

Improve vacation…

• Visited November 2012
3 Thank Ruddstar
Rajasthan, India
“My favorite at London”
Reviewed November 28, 2012

Happen to eat at this restaurant in June while I was in London to attend some conference. Located near the Tower of London and Tower bridge this Indian restaurant is one of the best in London. Excellent food and great service. During my second visit to London in November I was staying very far from this area but still I went there to have food and guess what... the staff recognized me.

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank Sarawgi_Rahul
Orrell, England, United Kingdom
“Very very good if a little expensive but then again it's London prices and therefore the norm.”
Reviewed November 27, 2012 via mobile

Quality of food and service was very good. Great location too. We would dine here again without hesitation.