“Ricardos”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: South Kensington
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

we had a very enjoyable evening delicious food and friendly staff well worth a visit we will be returning very soon

Date of visit: September 2019
Write a reviewReviews (317)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Had another fantastic meal at Riccardo’s
Last night ... was ready for. Night in and friends called us ... decided to go to Ricardo’s and even though packed as always squeezed us four in . You know when a restaurant is good when it’s full every day ... the food is fantastic ... but even if it wasn’t ... the staff are . Thank you

Leigh & Andrew

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I'm not in Chelsea often, but when I am I make a beeline for Riccardo's. It's not fine dining, not looking for Michelin stars - it's just a fantastically friendly place with a loyal clientele that serves great, tasty food in exactly the right sizes!

Riccardo's doesn't have starters and mains as such - just a good list of dishes, and you can have any one in tapas, medium, or large sizes. Which means you can try all sorts of stuff without getting overstuffed. It feels like a treat to have risotto, linguine with clams, papperdelle with meatballs, and lamb chops served as tapas. The two of us got through 5 small dishes ... then ordered a medium linguine at the end.

It's a small thing, but they also have proper oil, vinegar, and salt/pepper on the tables, always full. Forgot to order bread this time, but that's awesome too. Sorry, couldn't go for desserts this time.

The clientele tends older, local, and talkative. One older couple mentioned they've been coming here 25 years. It's a great place, and I wish them continued success... including Ricardo himself, an urbane gentlemen with thick grey hair (aging very well it seems) watching quietly from the corner table.

Reviewed September 6, 2019 via mobile

We felt like an Italian meal, did some research and settled on Riccardo’s and were extremely pleased we did. Excellent and genuine Tuscan food. Fresh produce with a simple cooking style this restaurants casual, comfortable and not pretentious. The menu is largely the same each day but has daily/ weekly special.
I greatly enjoyed the home made pappardelle with stewed venison... excellent
My wife loved the salmon with pesto.
Pretty god wine list... of Tuscan wines.
Service was attentive, engaging and professional
Really enjoyed our evening and would return

Reviewed September 4, 2019

I go fairly frequently to Riccardo's, because I have a friend who lives locally. We always have the most delicious food, and I want to write and say so! The owner is often to be seen, taking care of his customers and having lunch. There's a friendly, family atmosphere, and the service is always speedy and attentive. There's a list of daily "specials" and I like the way the main menu is set out - you can have everything in a small tapas size, or medium size, or large. I especially like the lamb cutlets with garlicky spinach. It's always hard to choose between the lamb and a pasta dish, as the pasta is really special at Riccardo's. A bottle of Italian rose is essential - and very delicious. Riccardo's is a charming restaurant which is very serious about providing excellent food, and I would recommend it to anyone.