“Best view...”

Cuisines: French
Good for: Bar scene, Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Mayfair
Description: Awarded a Michelin star and 3 AA Rosettes for its impeccable cuisine and ambience, the spectacular 28th floor panorama over the London skyline may have made Galvin at Windows a destination restaurant, but the inspired menu of modern French haute cuisine makes it impossible to overlook. The most talked about restaurant in London, Galvin at Windows has a glamourous interior blending the golden age of the 1930s with a modern theme. Together with Head Chef Joo Won, acclaimed Chef-Patron Chris Galvin has prepared a straightforward range of classic dishes that are ideally suited to the elevated Mayfair surroundings. The neighbouring bar boasts an impressive collection of whisky and cognac alongside classic and contemporary cocktails served on the rare Italian Saint Laurent marble bar top, which adds to the seductive atmosphere of the room. Whether you need to impress an important client or want to enjoy an intimate dinner for two, Galvin at Windows will offer you an exceptional dining experience.
“Best view...”
Reviewed September 5, 2013

Best view with a good dinning experience.
The food has to be at the level of the view.
Here the place has been refurbished and the design has changed...
The food is classy and excellent...The service is well polished...
If the sky is blue and you are havinf the time of your life, you really want to spend your day there...The sun set is just beautiful...Hilton moment.

• Visited September 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
London, United Kingdom
“Fabulous food and views”
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Galvin has spectacular views over Hyde Park and is a beautiful place to dine. The staff are extremely attentive and polite. The food is top quality with some great dishes on offer.

• Visited March 2013
“Wonderful in every way”
Reviewed September 1, 2013 via mobile

We went to Galvin at Windows last night for our 10th wedding anniversary and I can't fault it.
We were initially sat at a table in the corner of the raised central area and my husband told the waitress we had asked for a window table when we booked. The manager came and with no fuss immediately moved us to a window table( impressive as restaurant was full at the time).
The food was spectacular. We have quite restrictive dietary requirements and yet the menu offered us choice. There was no problem at all to tweak the dishes to accommodate us.
The staff had all the benefits of formality and perfection you would expect in a high class restaurant yet were friendly and helpful throughout. No pomposity here thank goodness.
If I had to find a small fault it would be that the air conditioning is switched up too high so take a jacket or cardigan.
All in all I'll be recommending this to everyone and raving about it for a very long time to come.

1 Thank SASI222
“Beautiful evening dinner”
Reviewed September 1, 2013

I came here as a Birthday meal. We were lucky enough to get a table by the window looking out north towards a beautifully clear night with London sparkling beneath. The staff were very polite and attentive from the moment we stepped in, the meal itself was good, flavoursome and not of tiny portions like restaurants of this standard. The staff also bought out extra birthday dessert for myself which made the evening all the more special. I would recommend this place for a lovely dinner, with an equally great view.

London, United Kingdom
“Fantastic lunch with clients! Really impressed.”
Reviewed September 1, 2013

I have worked within sight of this restaurant for many years but had never been. Recently, I had cause to look for a restaurant in order to entertain a client, and Galvins was suggested. I dutifully booked and asked for a table by the window (most have good views but not all). On arriving at the restaurant my companions and I were shown to a table with one of the most spectacular views I have seen in London with very friendly staff who suggested we could write a post-card from the restaurant and they would send it anywhere in the world for us. Not really necessary for three people on a business lunch but, nonetheless a nice touch. As time was a little pressing we opted for the £25 menu with a glass of champagne. Clearly a very good choice as we all chose differently from the three starters and three mains on offer, and by the end there was not a crumb on any plate. Finished off with scorching hot coffee, which makes a great change. My first time at this restaurant, and I was very impressed. I could see from the main menu that it is a bit pricey (you pay I assume for the location and the view) but the fixed price menu was to my mind, incredible value for incredible food. I will most definitely be back, and would like to try at night even just to see the views.