“Tasty, Pricy and Small”

Ranked #547 of 22,692 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Knightsbridge
Description: For over 50 years Zia Teresa has been a local institution. Quintessential Italian dishes are offered along with specialities from Sicily and Naples. Located in the heart of Knightsbridge, across the road from Harrods and around the corner from Harvey Nichols, Zia Teresa's classic 'trattoria' feel immediately puts guests at ease, offering a more intimate setting for family celebrations or corporate entertaining than many of the minimalist venues in the area.
California Hot Springs, California
“Tasty, Pricy and Small”
Reviewed March 10, 2013

Pretty good Italian food here. A bit expensive but it is accross the street from Harrods after all. Service was pretty good but I think you can only work there if you speak Italian.

• Visited March 2013

• Arabic first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Purley, United Kingdom
“Brilliant !!!!!!!!!!!!”
Reviewed March 5, 2013

Right next door to Harrods with tables outside (for the summer). Inside very Italian, bit cramped but clean and very nice. All staff are brilliant and we have no complaints at all. Food excellent, wife had garlic bread and pizza, i had the express lunch menu £14.95 for 3 courses, chicken liver to start (brill!!) then pork and mash (brill!) then a wonderful l home made tiramisu. Together with a beer all came to £36 ish. Really had a great time and will visit again if in the area.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank Lee B
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
“My favourite Resaurant in London.”
Reviewed February 15, 2013

I cannot remember how many times I have visited this restaurant, I have never been disappointed, in fact, every time it seems to get better and better, usually I go at lunch time, the staff are always very busy, but the welcome is always warm and friendly. The food is always wonderful. I have taken many friends there too, and everyone loved it, its a must for me every time I am in London, I would recommend this restaurant to anyone.

• Visited December 2012
2 Thank Dave-in-Bournemouth
“Excellent Food And Service Always. Wonderful.”
Reviewed February 11, 2013

I visit Zia at least 12 times a year for lunch.
I had always had the most friendly welcome and high standard of service. Staff are highly observant and always top up drinks and cater to my needs. They really do give you service with a smile.
The food is always wonderful. I always get the high standard of food I expect.
The atmosphere is nice:buzzing, warm and happy.
I will return for sure time and time again.
I love this place!

1 Thank Vivienne L
London, United Kingdom
“You call this cooking?”
Reviewed January 28, 2013

We had a work Xmas dinner booked here as it looked good from the outside and plus, the set menu's price was pretty good and it was local from where we worked.

Boy oh boy, it was an absolute dire of a meal. If you had veg on the plate, it was simply boiled and flavour-less. If you had soup, it was very salty.

I decided not to go for the set menu when I saw veal on the menu. When it arrived and had a look at it, I was bracing for the worst as I've already seen the boiled green beans on my collegue's plate. Yes, it was terrible and tasteless piece of slop.

I am not a fussy eater and I have never sent anything back, this was the first time I had to change my meal. I ordered a simple spag bol instead and that was like it was from frozen and they microwaved it.

Whats is the worst is that they wanted to charge for the veal and blamed me for not reading the menu properly, as the veal had a sweet sauce. I dont have a problem with sweet source, the meat was simply @"£$

So, for those visiting Harrods, you're in the area and want some food, just eat in Harrod's food halls or resturants, avoid this one.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank lualua81
LulieA, Public Relations Manager at Zia Teresa, responded to this review, February 6, 2013
Dear Reviewer,
Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent experience at Zia Teresa.
We are so sorry that you didn't enjoy your meal.
Please email andrea.fraquelli@metrorest.com directly and we will try our best to restore your faith in our restaurant.
We look forward to hearing from you
Kind Regards