“A mind-blowing gastronomical experience”
Review of Whits - CLOSED

Whits
Cuisines: French
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: South Kensington
Description: Whits is a mainstay of the Kensington dining scene, attracting locals with its relaxed ambience and imaginative array of modern European classics. The pleasant restaurant interior, with its bright skylight and elegant ironwork, adds to the welcoming vibe, while dishes use ingredients often obtained directly from France to enhance the regularly changing menu.
Reviewed August 10, 2014

I did expect this place to be good since I had chosen it for its excellent reviews, but as it turns out it exceeded my expectations.

The food was truly excellent and well presented. The service was very well timed, the size of the portions was good, the atmosphere relaxed and the seating comfortable.

The combination of tastes exploded in the mouth and the little surprises in the garnishing actually made the food interesting! The deserts were also pure indulgence.

There was nothing to spoil our evening and we left the place very happy. I am sure we will be returning for more.

Reviewed August 9, 2014

My Husband and I had a meal at this Restaurant on Thursday evening while visiting London.
We were given a very warm welcome - the food was excellent - I had The Lobster ravioli which
Was delicious, my Husband had smoked salmon with crab . We both had Cod as a main course.
The desserts looked amazing , but unfortunately was too full - will have to return to Whits so can
Experience the soufflés for the dessert! Would really recommend this Restaurant, the food
Was very good, and very good value for London, and the service was also excellent.
Would definitely return when next in London.

1  Thank Happyguest123111
Reviewed August 8, 2014 via mobile

It is a week since we've been to whits and the experience remains fresh in my mind (and my tastebuds!). I've used tripadvisor many times to search for restaurants but have never been compelled to write a review until now. I went with my family who were visiting the UK and they were also blown away by Whits. The food was scrumptious, the portions generous, prices reasonable, service impeccable, and the ambience very relaxed. We will definitely return again!

Reviewed August 3, 2014

We have been to Whits quite a few times now and it is still the best quality to price ratio in London. This is where a perfidious English chef sources the best ingredients from France only to produce outstandingly good food that outdoes 99% of French restaurants (in fact our gourmet French visitor said it was the best meal he had ever had!). The snail and mushroom starter is an explosion of tastes and worth the trip alone in my book but really every dish is rich in taste, generously portioned and clearly made by a very talented chef. To try Whits is to love it.

Reviewed August 2, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I went to Whits on a Saturday evening, and if ever a restaurant gets it right, Whits definitely have.
The food is fantastic and Front of house is so relaxed but so professional. A little gem says all.