“Possibly...no probably the best all round dining experience I've ever enjoyed”
Review of Whits - CLOSED

Whits
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: South Kensington
Description: Whits is a mainstay of the Kensington dining scene, attracting locals with its relaxed ambience and imaginative array of modern European classics. The pleasant restaurant interior, with its bright skylight and elegant ironwork, adds to the welcoming vibe, while dishes use ingredients often obtained directly from France to enhance the regularly changing menu.
St Leonards on Sea
“Possibly...no probably the best all round dining experience I've ever enjoyed”
Reviewed February 1, 2013 via mobile

I actually don't know where to start with this one (and I'm not often short for words!). It was quite simply superb from the minute we walked through the door! So let's start at the start....
Front of house...fantastic. Felt like being being welcomed into the home of a really close friend...utterly charming. Menu...simple yet enticing. Wine list ... Excellent, again, simple but for my taste, they were all there. Particularly good to see the Bourgogne well represented! Very good value. Food...sublime! Beautifully thought out and put together dishes without being too pretentious.
We asked for a cheese course and were treated to the best I've ever had outside of France.
..... And then came the desserts. I've now decided the way I wish to end my life when my time comes. I wish to drown in a huge rhubarb souffle! What a celebration of a vastly under used fruit that platter of rhubarb loveliness was!
(probably my second favourite dessert ever but only losing out on top spot to what Nathan Outlaw can get out of a punnet of strawberries!)
This whole experience was a joy and results from what can be achieved when a husband and wife team work together and put their heart and soul into what they do. Bravo to you both!
This is the sort of place the whole world ought to know about and yet I'm sitting here thinking "you know what?... I want to keep this one all to myself!" Selfish but true...

Buckinghamshire, United Kingdom
“Excellent”
Reviewed January 19, 2013

I was there at a private party and what really impressed me was that all thirty of us were served at the same time and all the fillets of steak were cooked beautifully! The service was attentive and friendly, the food excellent and the venue really comfortable. Top marks.

surrey
“great food at a great price!”
Reviewed January 14, 2013

Another wonderful evening at this hidden gem in kensington. Food is superb always, and the waiting staff are attentive without being intrusive. Definitely worth turning off the high street for this great restaurant.
Thank you to eva and her front of house staff for making us feel so welcome, and to steve in the kitchen for his gorgeous menu. We will be back again soon.

Preston, United Kingdom
“Great Food”
Reviewed January 13, 2013

What a great little restaurant. Visited London for the weekend and read reviews for variety of places to eat, chose Whits for Friday evening and it did not disappoint. The staff are both friendly and knowledgeable about the dishes available. Very enjoyable evening, would highly recommend.

Tallinn, Estonia
“Perfect evening”
Reviewed January 11, 2013

We visited this place on a special day for us- me and my boyfriend were celebrating five years together. I was hoping for a nice romantic evening, but I got so much more! Everything about that evening was was absolutely perfect: the host Eva was very welcoming and attentive, and made this evening a real celebration for us from the very beginning. I have only good words about the other staff as well. Our food was fantastic, every course was superb in its own way, but the lamb was my personal favorite- the best I have tried so far.
Well, I should probably mention, that for me, the highlight of the evening came after the dessert: my boyfriend proposed to me, right there, in this lovely restaurant. So yes, this place is amazing and romantic, to us especially. The place with a soul. And with good memories. Cheers!