“Friendly coffee shop”

Reserve a Table
Thu, 7/18
8:00 PM
Cuisines: Deli
Description: Hack & Veldt is an independent Cafe and Wine bar proudly located in the heart of Chiswick on Turnham Green Terrace. We stock a wide range of foods and beverages, specially selected for their mouth-watering taste, and all served with a big smile.
Reviewed January 19, 2019

Hack and Veldt is conveniently just yards from Turnham Green tube station. It is a mix of deli and coffee shop, quite compact and popular. The coffee is from the terrific Monmouth Street, one of the best brands of coffee in the capital. The staff are friendly and helpful. I believe that they do sandwiches though I have not tried these. In the evening they stay open, add candles and turn into a little wine bar. I live very locally and this is the coffee shop that I most enjoy.

Date of visit: January 2019
Review collected in partnership with this restaurant

Reviewed January 3, 2019

If you are looking for a quaint, inviting coffee experience, then this is your place. The coffee here is superb! They don’t brew their own coffee here, however, their suppliers work closely with this shop to create the perfect coffee. Whether, you’re looking for an espresso, flat white or a latte, the coffee served just right and is brewed to extremely high standard.

Reviewed October 16, 2018

Popped in at 7pm for a quick and much needed coffee before a visit to a local theatre performance. I found myself feeling like I gatecrashed the cosy wine evening as, unbeknown to me, the daytime deli becomes a wine bar in the evening. After reluctantly agreeing to serve me a cappuccino even though I offered to leave, I took a seat as instructed and waited for my drink. I would have preferred to be told that they were only serving wine than to be given a cold and tasteless cappuccino. And at £2.70 too!!!! It certainly was a quick visit and most definitely the last.

Reviewed October 6, 2018

A truly local deli with incredible coffee and lovely Gin and Tonics! Championing local produce, superb cheeses and a wonderful alcohol selection. Cosy at night time, the Deli turns into a really atmospheric bar. More than anything the staff are always on top form and it really is a joy to visit. So go!

Review collected in partnership with this restaurant
Reviewed August 15, 2018

LOVE this place! I may be retired, but sitting at the table with mezze and wine makes me feel young again!

Date of visit: July 2018