“For a quick sushi fix” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Yo! Sushi - Poland Street - CLOSED

Yo! Sushi - Poland Street
Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Asian, Chinese
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Soho
Saint Charles, Illinois, Usa
“For a quick sushi fix”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2013

We just wanted a quick and relatively inexpensive meal and Yo! Sushi delivered. They have lots of choices going around on the belts and all were great. It's easy to tell what you're spending by the colors of the plates or bowls. I'm sure there's better sushi in the high end places, but this fit the bill for a quick and tasty meal.

Visited March 2013

“Business lunch”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2013

Took clients here, great for a chat and the food conveyer is a good talking point but food is poor for Sushi.

Visited September 2012
London, United Kingdom
“Not enough veggie options”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

Typical yosushi restaurant but barely any vegetarian options. I have had better service from other yosushi's.

Visited January 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Dishwater ramen & poor service.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2013

Took my family to the Poland Street branch, having decided it would be the least busy on a Saturday night. Took a while to get menus, even longer to get our green tea re-filled throughout the evening, even though I was right, and it really wasn't that busy! Ordered the ramen hoping for them to be all that was promised in the huge amounts of publicity online & in the restaurants - never again is all I can say! Took 40 minutes for what was essentially salty dishwater with tough meat bobbing about it, noodles tasted like Amoy's Straight to Wok range, boiled eggs a funny colour and overall really bland & disappointing, and all this for £8 a bowl! None of us finished our portions, much better to be had elsewhere in London. Deep-fried octopus balls from the belt (which was whipping past at such a jerky speed that our table was constantly bombarded with dish lids & sauce pots!), raw & doughy in the middle, with only a single tiny piece of octopus in each. Lots of other dishes appeared to have been going round for a while, cold tofu & old cabbage, no thanks!
So disappointed as it was a family member's birthday, and although I think she had a fine time (at age 8, she's fairly easy to please!), the rest of us were not impressed.
However, as their one redeeming feature, when we told our server our thoughts, he apologised profusely and didn't add the ramen or the other poor dishes to our bill.
Not sure what's happening to Yo! of late, this isn't the first time I've been disappointed in one of their London branches and there's lots of other places to go for sushi that I'll probably try next time.

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
“Not Enjoyable!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2013

I'm a sushi amateur so was recommended this chain to get me started and to try different types of sushi before plunging into an a la carte type restaurant. I will not be taking the plunge any time soon based on the experience I had here! The conveyor belt, help yourself style of dining is a good idea but not when certain, uncovered dishes are floating around the belt for more than half an hour - very off-putting! Also - who charges for waht is essentially tap water and dirty glasses?! Glasses left out on bar need to be cleaned - we went through four before we found two that we had to clean ourselves before drinking from! Not as if there was a shortage of staff wandering around doing next to nothing! We had water from the taps on the bar itself - £1.15 for unlimited water - what a bargain!!! I was disgusted that this chain were charging for what is, essentially, tap water! If you're considering going here then don't - there is a perfectly good McDonalds around the corner!!!

• Visited January 2013