“Avoid, Expensive & Over rated”
Review of Weng Wah House - CLOSED

Weng Wah House
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed December 15, 2012

My first experience was a Christmas works dinner a few years back which was ok but oh my how much has changed since then, returned for a second Christmas (2012) works dinner of which will our very last, I shall not be returning or recommending this restaurant to anyone so be advised there's plenty of other available which is also better value for money...

Reviewed December 12, 2012

Had a take away from here, this was Prawn toast, Seaweed, Crab & Sweet Corn soup, noodle with fish & veg. The prawn toast had a pungent disinfectant smell the toast separated from top and bottom, not nice. Seaweed was crispy but no flavor. Soup was bland and the noodles, fish & veg had very little taste, bordering on bland. This cost £22.50 and was NOT worth it. I would never eat there again. You have been warned!

1  Thank icdabin
Reviewed November 28, 2012

Me and my girlfriend arrived late one night at the premier inn across the street and the receptionist recommended this place to us and I'm glad she did. It was amazing, the service was superb and the food was cooked to perfection. I've been to some Chinese restaurants before where the staff are rushing you so they can get the next lot of customers in but that was not the case here. We arrived at 10:30pm and we were allowed to eat at our own pace with the staff on hand to cater to our every need. I've noticed some bad reviews of this place but don't listen to any of them, this place is amazing!!!

Reviewed November 7, 2012

Formerly superb Chinese. I was a regular customer for about 25 years, I couldn't praise it enough then. Under new management now and they don't have a clue. They need to employ a chef of the quality that locals were used to for all those years. Staff looked miserable, as if they know that they are on a sinking ship.
Now the food is terrible, the restaurant closed early on the evening of my visit because it was empty. Wouldn't eat there again if they paid me. So sad to see the business go that way and hope that someone will rescue it fast before it sinks.

2  Thank Londinium001
Reviewed November 3, 2012

Food is overpriced, not that hot, service could be a lot quicker and if you book the karoke, be warned, We had 20 of us, a couple of people from downstairs that we didn't know, came up and just watched and the team on that night decided to charge us an extra 10 quid and they didn't even stay 5 minutes.
Stay away if you want to save some well earned spondolies