“Impressive ”

Good for: Bar scene, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Southwark
Transit: Village East is conveniently located roughly 10 minutes on foot from the Underground and National Rail services at London Bridge and Borough stations. Bermondsey Street is also frequently served by a multitude of bus routes: C10 (Abbey St); 381 (St Thomas St); 42, 78, 188 (Tower Bridge Rd); 21, 35, 40, 133, 343 (Borough High St).
Description: Village East restaurant in chic south London enclave Bermondsey Street is designed to call to mind a hip East Village establishment in Manhattan. It sprawls through a listed warehouse and glass-fronted apartment building and is decorated in polished concrete, rough wooden pillars, striking curved white chairs, and a wide open kitchen. Sit back and enjoy a cocktail or glass of wine while watching chefs hard at work creating the modern eclectic dishes that make up the Village East menu. In layman���s terms, this means European flavours and techniques are coupled with South East Asian influences, resulting in some intriguing combinations. We had our eye on the seared scallops and caramelised pork belly with carrot puree and teriyaki glaze; and the West Cork beef burger with sauteed foie gras, caramelised onion, jumbo gherkin and chips, but if you���re more in the mood for a steak, or fish and chips, there���s plenty of that on offer too.
Reviewed April 14, 2019 via mobile

Would highly recommend, very friendly staff who couldn’t do enough, all food was well presented and tasty, overall impressed.

Reviewed April 3, 2019 via mobile

I was lucky enough to be invited here for a business lunch. We were a group of 4 and were greeted at the door in a friendly and welcoming manner. We were shown to our table and given a few minutes before being approached to order drinks, once drinks were ordered we was given a few more minutes before ordering food. We had a mix of vegan and meat eaters in the party and there was plenty to choose on the menu for both. I myself had the quinoa sweet potato and truffle burger and it was gorgeous. A little under presented with just being a burger in a bun with no dressing or frills but none the less very tasty, the fries that came with it were up there with the best I have tried.
Nice place very friendly staff and good food 8/10

Reviewed April 2, 2019

Had a lovely meal with friends. We particularly enjoyed the different starters - artichoke dip; crab and avocado; calamari. For mains, the chips were beautifully crispy and the Cheese Burger tasty - all food arrived hot. Waiting staff were attentive and helpful. Going by the reviews, the Monday night shift are all very good. I did think it a bit pricey - closer to fine dining prices for a mid-range restaurant - but we did have a lovely evening.

Reviewed April 1, 2019

As I live not far from Bermondsey Street, I've been to Village East a number of times. It's mixed feelings really about this place, as I quite like the atmosphere and the interior, and the food is mostly quite nice, but a couple of times it arrived tepid rather than hot, and the final bill leaves you just that little bit disappointed. There's just something missing - I can't quite put my finger on it.

Date of visit: March 2019
Reviewed March 25, 2019 via mobile

Good bloody mary but overpowered with worcestershire sauce, looking how is done I would say might not be consisting in taste.
We haven't been asked:
-allergy
-how we want our stake
I think two of the main questions that should be asked by a waiter, shows that you care.
I couldn't understand/hear the waiter at times, nothing was recommended also.
Seems they are laid back less than professional. Overall we enjoyed the food.

Date of visit: March 2019