“A little taste of Austria in Notting Hill”

The Tiroler Hut Restaurant
Ranked #1,683 of 28,485 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Austrian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Notting Hill
Reviewed July 20, 2019 via mobile

My brother and I went for a meal this week at the Tiroler Hut to switch off from work and to feel as though we were in the Austrian Alps for an hour or so! The Tiroler Hut is a really cool little restaurant with authentic Austrian food, drink and entertainment. Sadly we were too early for the entertainment, but the food was great and we'll definitely be back for a couple of steins!

Date of visit: July 2019
Write a reviewReviews (269)

Reviewed July 3, 2019

I was staying in the Bayswater area of London and we just wandered in the Tirol Hut. We had a great time with good German food and beer. The owner puts on a music show nightly with audience participation and is is great fun. The bartenders and waitstaff are all friendly and the service is great. If you are in the area don't miss this place.

Date of visit: July 2019
Reviewed June 11, 2019

Even though it was a dead Tuesday eve, the local DJ played and sang to just me and my husband as we were the most important people in the world. The waitress always ready and the cheese fondue the best I've had in London. The chocolate fondue equally excellent and the only bad point was that we weren't able to eat it all for lack of room in the tomy :-D

Date of visit: June 2019
2  Thank Loreley99
Reviewed June 3, 2019

It's so rare to find a genuine honest set up like this - some of it could be described as corny, but I love it, I visit regularly and am always welcomed back and have great conversations with locals. Love it. And a 'sweet'i can't remember the name of but is marvellous. I'll find out and post it later.

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed May 11, 2019

Amazing little find in a basement. Very authentic and great atmosphere. Staff very attentive and professional with a sense of humour . Food typical Austrian fare and the pork knuckle was excellent as were all the other dishes. Bavarian beer excellent a the Austrian wine very drinkable. To top it all the entertainment was so original and quirky that a repeat visit when next in London is a must. A unique place that needs to be preserved.

Date of visit: May 2019