“A superb dining experience”
Review of The Ledbury

The Ledbury
Reserve with OpenTable
The Ledbury is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #11 of 23,211 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: European, French
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Notting Hill
Reviewed August 14, 2014

This was our second trip to The Ledbury after our first visit 3 years ago, and the only thing that appears to have changed is the menu. The service, food and overall experience is still superb.
This visit was for a birthday meal for my wife, and I invited her parents along too, they hadn't been before. I had decided before we arrived that we would be having the taster menu with accompanying wine.
Everything about our visit was superb. The staff were polite, friendly and helpful, explaining the food and the wine each time it was presented to us. The food itself was some of the best I've ever had. I won't go through each course but I will say that the tomato dish was fantastic, with Noire de Crimee, Ribbed Pineapple, and Datterino tomatoes which had beautiful flavour. The two fish courses (Mackerel and Langoustine) were amazing, as were the two meat courses (Quail and Galloway Beef), with each one being cooked to perfection. The accompanying wine matched each course really well, providing further enjoyment to each course.
A superb meal and a fantastic experience. Both my in-laws had a great time, and haven't stopped talking about it since.

1  Thank Mark S
There are newer reviews for The Ledbury

Reviewed August 14, 2014

I have been to Ledbury 4 or 5 times over the course of the last decade and it has always been very good solid food, though nothing spectacular which I why I don’t return more often. Last night’s dinner blew my initial meals out the water. The food was perfection (scallop ceviche, langoustine with shitake, beef for 2). The waitstaff were extremely friendly, had good banter – not just the usual pleasantries but able to engage in light-hearted conversation - and attentive but not intrusive. My friend said it was the best meal in more than a year! There is no dress code and the restaurant is quite lively and not stuffy. Congratulations to Ledbury for fine tuning its operation from a “normal” 1 star to a 2 star restaurant definitely deserving its spot in the top 10 of the St Pelligrino list – one can now truly appreciate the polished, finished product.

Reviewed August 13, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I were there for dinner. We had the tasting menu. Food was very innovative but the service is lacking. I would expect service would be more professional as they are Michelin 2 stars.

Reviewed August 11, 2014

Have been twice, both times were excellent. The food is top-notch, as you would expect from a world-class restaurant, but at very reasonable prices. What I was also struck with is the keen attention they pay to special diets. They noticed I was pregnant and offered me butter made with pasteurised milk and to cook the meat well-done without me asking. Another friend does not eat pork and his mains were substituted for lamb, which was not even on the set menu for the day.

Amazing food, amazing service. I would go again and again for special ocassions. be sure to book way in advance tho. It is a small,cozy restaurant.

Reviewed August 10, 2014

Enjoyed the degustation menu. The execution was flawless and the food delicious. Good service and particularly liked the explanation of each wine course by the sommelier. Would definitely recommend for a special occasion.