“Perfect”
Review of The Ledbury

The Ledbury
Reserve with OpenTable
The Ledbury is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #11 of 22,659 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: European, French
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Notting Hill
London
“Perfect”
Reviewed April 16, 2014

I had heard a lot about this place for a long time and have always wanted to go. Ended up going for work on a lunch. I must say I was not disappointed. Simply put it was exceptional and one of the best food experiences I have had. We had the tasting menu. 7 perfect courses. Left very satisfied and a very happy man. Will be taking the wife next. It deserves it's reputation. Staff were also perfect. A nice cross between friendly yet professional. 10 out of 10.

• Visited March 2014

• Polish first
Buffalo, New York
“Magnificant”
Reviewed April 15, 2014

This is not 13 of 50 Mich. top resturants in the world. It is number one. The tasting menu was beyond words. Yes, it is expensive;but, you will have an experience that you won't forget. You may even get to meet the amazing chef. We have eaten in many fine resturants- this in one of if not the best.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Philrum
Oxford, United Kingdom
“Left feeling really hungry !!!”
Reviewed April 15, 2014

I found some of the service over the top and pretentious. The description of what I was about to put in my mouth made me smile and sometimes giggle to myself. I couldn't keep a straight face. I felt the waiting staff had all been told to put on some cheesy accent. The portions were too small and I had to eat a sandwich when I got home (I'm a small size 8, certainly not greedy !) It was an experience. Would I go back? Yes, but only if I weren't paying. I still would choose Zuma or Chez Bruce over the Ledbury any day of the week.

• Visited April 2014
2 Thank REH77
Reading, United Kingdom
“Pretty much perfect”
Reviewed April 14, 2014

Dined here for the first time. Very relaxed atmosphere, staff were very friendly and our Maitre D was really nice (no overly strong French accent, but a nice Northern one) and the sommelier was very charming and helpful.

Food was superb. On weekends they only do the tasting menu. Apart from one dish we thought each one was very, very good. Great flavours, perfect portion sizes.

We will be going back for a return visit based on our initial one.

Visited April 2014
1 Thank MarkBarefoot
Oslo, Norway
“Modern locally foraged dining.”
Reviewed April 10, 2014

The Ledbury was one of the fast climbers of the Restaurant Magazine top 50 list, which is what lead me there. Anyone who's ever been to a "New Nordic" restaurant will recognize the style. Simple clean food with locally foraged ingredients, many of which will be quite uncommon for most diners.

The dishes were excellent, but the large amount of green and acidic components proved tricky for the wine pairing and lead to very acidic wines which were also served very cold.

It was surprisingly affordable for a restaurant of this class.

• Visited May 2013