“A wonderful birthday suprise”
Review of The Ledbury

The Ledbury
Reserve with OpenTable
The Ledbury is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 23,024 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: European, French
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Notting Hill
London, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A wonderful birthday suprise”
Reviewed December 14, 2013

We had a small family meal here for my son's 30th birthday. Everything was fantastic! The staff knew it was a special occasion and were extremely attentive without being overbearing. They were knowledgable yet almost invisible, except they were right there whenever anything was needed. The food and wine were simply incredible. Try the mackerel - wow!
One of the best restaurants we have been to and would love to return.

By the way, I have read negative reviews about the ambience, but we found it to be elegantly understated and very classy.

1 Thank AmericaDee

• Turkish first
Brighton, United Kingdom
“Lovely, of course!”
Reviewed December 14, 2013

I chose this restaurant on recommendation of a friend for a special occasion and we were both pleased with our lunches. We had already planned to order the tasting menu before we arrived but the main courses also looked very appetising (had it been my birthday treat, I would have happily ordered A La Carte). My boyfriend wasn't drinking so they made some very tasty mocktails for him. Canapés were foie gras but they quickly swapped these when we expressed that we didn't want to eat foie gras. They also swapped that choice from the tasting menu for us - my only criticism is that I would rather this unethical food product was removed in favour of any other delicious ingredient. The menu was classic with it's fair share of 'expensive' produce. Presentation was faultless, service was excellent, attentive as expected in a high end restaurant; not stuffy or condescending. The staff made us feel very welcome and really made sure we enjoyed our experience. They even gave us an extra 'Happy Birthday' desert when we told them it was my boyfriend's birthday. I had a couple of wines with my meal, the sommelier helped me make my choices, they were well suited and tasty wines. The décor is interesting, a sort of stark autumnal feel to it. The wash rooms were in great condition with nice toiletries.

1 Thank AmiEatingOut
London, United Kingdom
“1st Class”
Reviewed December 13, 2013

We visited here today with clients and plumped for the tasting menu with selected wines with each course. Absolutely fantastic food,service and wines the staff were very attentive and will certainly visit again.

“Life Changing Meal”
Reviewed December 11, 2013

I know the title may seem excessive, and perhaps an exaggeration, but it truly is the best way to describe our experience at the Ledbury.

Our meal was absolutely phenomenal. We had just arrived in London, and were looking slightly dishevelled. When we saw how well dressed the other patrons were, we felt a tad out of place. However, the servers treated us no differently than any other guests . They were attentive, warm and personable.

The food was unreal. This was a once in a lifetime meal.

We both had the Heritage Tomatoes with goat cheese for a starter. It was a phenomenal collection of different types of fresh tomatoes. My entire palate was engaged. I could taste on parts of my mouth I didn't realize I could.

We followed with the Galloway Beef with baked celeriac and smoked bone marrow, which was equally as exceptional.

In amongst our dishes, we were constantly attended to with amuses and beautiful fresh brioches.

Bypass the other restaurants with reputable names attached and put the Ledbury at the top of your list.We ate at other very high end restaurants on our trip, and this meal was above and beyond any others we encountered. I cannot say enough good things about our experience.

Also, our sommelier was fantastic. He was attentive, charming, and an all-round pleasure. He was a young Greek man, whose name at this moment, I apologize, has escaped me. He took the time to get us our label from the fantastic bottle of wine we had.

Thank you to the Ledbury so much for making it the highlight dining experience of our trip. Unfortunately though, you have ruined me, as now when I dine out at high end restaurants, my meals don't compare in the slightest. Until we meet again. xo

• Visited September 2013
London
“Simply the best..”
Reviewed December 10, 2013

For once reality lived up to the reputation. The Ledbury takes what it does very seriously and delivers it pretty much to perfection, without taking itself so seriously that the atmosphere becomes intimidating. The front-of-house staff are delightful and friendly, and the kitchen truly does deliver the sort of food you would expect in a restaurant of this calibre. Some top-end London restaurants can be a disappointment (eg "Dinner" in my experience), but not this one.