“Worth every penny!”
Review of The Ledbury

The Ledbury
Reserve with OpenTable
The Ledbury is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #11 of 22,674 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: European, French
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Notting Hill
London
“Worth every penny!”
Reviewed November 14, 2013 via mobile

Service was great and nothing was a problem. We had one vegetarian with us and another person who didn't eat any seafood. We were having the tasting menu and the chef designed them both a new menu. Brilliant. Noticed a few comments about cost below but I believe the value comes from not just the amazing food but the professional service and friendly restaurant. Can't wait to return.

• Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Australia
“Fantastic food and service”
Reviewed November 11, 2013 via mobile

If you are looking to splash out for a fine dining experience in London, make it the Ledbury. From the moment we arrived (out of the pouring rain) we were made to feel at home. The restaurant is classy without being overly pretentious. The lighting is warm allowing diners to enjoy their food and conversations in private. The service is attentive and helpful - making great recommendations along the way (for example the partridge special). All in all, we left feeling special to have been able to enjoy a meal at the Ledbury! Will definitely be back the next time we are in London.

London, United Kingdom
“Great - but "WOW" you pay for it”
Reviewed November 11, 2013

Had an evening at The Ledbury as a farewell for close friends who are heading off to Australia to live. Very enjoyable evening and the food was fantastic... but I question whether the food is the same multiple of quality better than average than the price multiple.

We enjoyed each dish of the taster menu and also had some very well selected wines. Service was very high standard and couldn't fault it.

Am I glad that I went - yes.
Would I recommend it - probably
Will I be back - probably not as just don't see the value (but then again I'm not an avid foodie - so form your own opinion).

• Visited November 2013
London, United Kingdom
“OK - really not great.”
Reviewed November 11, 2013

We were a party of four. We had a 3 course set menu and each selected different dish. I must say, the food was uninteresting more than anything. There was nothing wrong with it, but I can think of at least 10 other places that are much more creative with their menu. The service was very attentive, but made me personally (not the rest of our party) feel a little uncomfortable. I found the questions they asked us a little odd (eg. have you eaten fine food before? you speak a foreign language, you must be a tourist and visiting London just to eat at our wonderful restaurant - you see we are fully booked on a Monday night?). I had the overall feeling that it was not the staff that was pleased with our choice to dine at their restaurant over 300 others in the area, but we were lucky to dine at their restaurant. I think that is not the point of a fine dining restaurant. Wine was good and reasonably priced. The desserts were the highlight of the menu and worth going for. Food was not special and very overpriced. We will not be going back.

• Visited October 2013
“A wonderful Restaurant for a Special Occasion.”
Reviewed November 10, 2013

We had dinner at The Ledbury to celebrate my 40th birthday and it certainly did not fail to impress. The magnificent tasting menu is accompanied by a fine selection of wine chosen by our sommelier who was extremely knowledgeable and approachable. Our dining experience was second to none. Make no mistake this is an expensive restaurant but the service and food are well worth the asking price for a special occasion.

• Visited February 2013