“Amazing Experience”
Review of The Ledbury

The Ledbury
Reserve with OpenTable
The Ledbury is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 23,024 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: European, French
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Notting Hill
Singapore, Singapore
“Amazing Experience”
Reviewed April 26, 2013

What can I say that hasn't already been said? After a peaceful walk through the Notting Hill area, this corner restaurant met and exceeded my expectations. Attentive and warm service despite a full lunch seating. You felt you were in a friend's home rather than 'pish posh' place because of the smiles all around.

The outstanding quality of food was a foregone conclusion. Really reflects Chef Graham. I had asked about the grapes that came with my cheese platter as they were absolutely delicious and I didn't expect another helping of these divine grapes!

As dessert came, we were again surprised with an additional serving of tasting portions of 3 other desserts on the house! They were sublime.

The last hit was an invitation to head down to the kitchen to meet the chef. Being the foodie I am, this was a dream! Chef Graham was friendly, down-to-earth, no airs at all. You could hear the passion in his voice and see it in his eyes. To think this small kitchen with his small team could churn out such world class and remarkable food is utterly amazing.

I would love to visit The Ledbury again and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend others as well.

2 Thank ianleong

• Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Des Moines, Iowa
“Great experience, but don't show up early!”
Reviewed April 25, 2013

This restaurant is in residential Notting Hill and does not have a bar. Therefore, if you show up early like I did, hoping to kill an hour or so in the bar, there is simply no place to go, nor are there any other places nearby. I was sort of left to wander the pleasant, leafy streets of Notting Hill until the actual time of my reservation.

In any case, the restaurant delivered what was expected - a memorable dining experience. I had the chef's menu with wine and some of the courses were mackerel, quail, Cornish turbot, beef, all outstanding and each better than the one before. The bread they start you with and the salty butter are great also.

I won't say that it is as good as Petrus or Restaurant Gordon Ramsay, but it is definitely a close third. They treated me well as a solo diner and this was a meal I will remember for a very long time. I can also say that they are very generous with the wine pairings, with perhaps 50% more during the course of the meal than I had gotten at Petrus. Definitely got my money's worth on that end and might have even been stumbling a little bit on my way out.

1 Thank callmeishmael
London, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“One of the best!”
Reviewed April 25, 2013

I can say it was a dreamy experience for this one. The food, ambience and cocktails were impeccable. It was my first experience and not the last one for sure.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank Neil J
Norfolk
“No.1 restaurant and two Michelin stars”
Reviewed April 25, 2013

deserving of its two Michelin stars, The Ledbury is my wife and I's favourite restaurant ever (followed secondly by Sobrino de Botin in Madrid)

For special occasions, this is the place to eat and be spoilt with service.

Staff are relentlessly professional without being in your face.
The only disappointment is the long, long waiting list for tables...book VERY early!

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank mikeyNorfolk
“Outstanding food, shame about the hair”
Reviewed April 23, 2013 via mobile

I took my wife to the Ledbury today for lunch for her birthday. I must say that this place really does deserve it's 2 stars. The service was impeccable, the food was out of this world. The bacon and onion brioche alone deserves special mention and that's not even paid for! The muntjac main was sublime and my wife particularly enjoyed her buffalo milk curd starter. All went extremely well until we found a hair in one of our desserts. Now considering it was complimentary as it was her birthday I didn't want to make too big a deal about it but it did take the shine off what was and outstanding culinary experience. They were mortified when I pointed it out. Took our desserts off the bill and even baked some lemon madelienes for us to take home as my son had really enjoyed them. Its just a shame that it took something away from the afternoon. Loved the food however and I would give this place another visit.

1 Thank damianb77