“Faultless”
Review of The Ledbury

The Ledbury
Reserve with OpenTable
The Ledbury is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 23,023 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: European, French
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Notting Hill
London, United Kingdom
“Faultless”
Reviewed February 6, 2013

One of the best restaurants I have been to. Period.

Food really is exceptional, and they have the perfect balance of service. Warm and polite, but not too snotty or over bearing.

Never had a duff plate, all brilliantly cooked, full of flavour and imaginative menu.

It's not cheap, but it's worth the little extra as the food really is a massive cut above most restaurants.

• Visited February 2013

• Vietnamese first
Crook, United Kingdom
“excellent”
Reviewed February 5, 2013

I was taken here for my birthday and it was a fabulous restaurant. The food was amazing and the staff were professional. A must visit if you are ever in London

Visited December 2012
London
“Very nice, beautifully executed food.”
Reviewed February 1, 2013 via mobile

I booked another Michelin star restaurant (Petrus) for my boyfriend's birthday for the two of us in January. We were on our way at 7pm when they called us to say they had a power cut and had to close the restaurant. I was obviously rather upset as it was such a last minute cancellation, although they offered another restaurant instead, I wanted something more special and The Ledbury has been on my radar for a while so I gave them a call not really expecting them to accomodate such a last minute request.
The lady on the phone was sympathetic and offered us a table for 9.30pm, evening saved! Lucky it was mid week in January otherwise we would have been stuck.
The restaurant is in a slightly strange location as it is a bit of a journey from central London and in a residential area, so we decided to head for a bar in town first then took a taxi.
On first impressions, the restaurant seemed a lot smaller then I expected, nicely laid out, lovely relaxed atmosphere.
The only option was the tasting menu that evening which we were more than happy to have.
The food was beautifully presented, some courses had a real wow factor on your taste buds, some perhaps a tad more 'ordinary'.
Extensive wine list with a wide range of prices, lovely and helpful sommelier.
Service was impeccable and you notice the attention to detail in every aspect here.
All in all, if you like fine dining, this restaurant should be on your list to visit, however I can't say it is the best food I have had among London's Michelin star restaurants.

1 Thank nicebutterlfy
London
“Just misses being spectacular”
Reviewed February 1, 2013

My second time here.Lovely location, with a great room. Staff and service seem very professional, friendly but not overly so. Just right. Food can be very good, Very accomplished, very interesting. It's just that occasionally a dish hits the wrong notes and disappoints. I suppose it just lacks consistency. Not sure whether it's because the kitchen tries to push the envelope a little and experiment or just that ocassioanally the odd dish is a little shoddy.
Either way, this is a great restaurant.

• Visited January 2013
Toowoomba, Australia
“Memorable night!”
Reviewed January 31, 2013 via mobile

Loved the whole experience. Hard to fault the food, staff, wine or setting - this is something special!