“The best in London”
Review of The Ledbury

The Ledbury
Reserve with OpenTable
The Ledbury is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #11 of 23,211 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: European, French
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Notting Hill
Reviewed January 20, 2013

We were lucky to get a table because we booked just a day before, someone must have cancelled at the last minute.

Everything was faultless, the wine selection was excellent, the food was truly amazing and the presentation was beautiful. Service was first class, what you can expect from a Michelin star restaurant. We love the atmosphere as well, made us feel welcome and warm.

I highly recommend this place you need to visit at least once in your life!

There are newer reviews for The Ledbury

Reviewed January 18, 2013

Had Sunday Lunch recently, dining on my own, staff were amazing - so professional and friendly. Food was out of this world. Had "risotto" of celariac and new potatoes with smoked eel and parsley sauce. Looked suberb, tastes were understated but delicious, perfect entree. Pigeon as a main was a revelation, so moist and flavoursome. The presentation was suberb. Passionfruit souffle with sauternes icecream was so good I had to order a glass of sauternes to fo with it. This restaurant was so good I nearly ordered a glass of Chateau d'Yquem (they sell it by the glass!) but had a Barsac instead. Any food lover must try this restaurant

Reviewed January 18, 2013

You can have all your experimental cooking, your space age wow, your French Panache!! This is simply the best restaurant in the world. Brett Graham and his staff bring together simple, wholesome ingredients and put an imaginative twist to them, that just blows you away. I attended a wine lunch last year and was served 4 perfect courses. The Fillet and Short Rib of Beef with grilled onions and pickled walnuts was to die for and it just seemed to go on forever. A pumpkin pie with brown sugar and Nutmeg ice cream was one of the best desserts I have ever had; and I still haven't managed to have his passion fruit souffle that has been talked about for years.

Staff at the Ledbury are nothing short of consummate professionals, and they attend to your every need without being invasive.

I come away very happy and contented every single time I go here.

1  Thank Sean H
Reviewed January 17, 2013

The chefs at The Ledbury have a fine reputation They cook well and the food is served prettily. Their chantilly oyster tartare with frozen wasabi was a true triumph with lingering subtle flavours and great textures. The main course of turbot was cooked perfectly. The dessert of brown sugar tart had an interesting crispness but was perhaps too subtle. The chefs at the Ledbury go in for subtly and mostly do it well. It is a large restaurant in one room. My fellow diners were a mixed clientele of couples, ladies dining and BBC executives who still have time for a long lunch. The service was fine but I did find it rather off putting to have the waiting staff continually replacing the tablecloths on adjoining tables. Perhaps it was my 'fault' for being a late diner but that really is not an excuse as it disrupted the harmony of my meal. The circumstance of one's dining can influence the totality of the experience.

1  Thank professore-segredo
Reviewed January 17, 2013

This was our 2nd time to Ledbury, the first time we were asked to wait hour even though we arrived on time so skipped but was invited back by friends and was a disappointment food wise. The food was good, nothing great,The service was excellent, but the food not. All 4 in our party agreed compare to Petrus my favourite is a very poor.

5  Thank LadyMarG