“Somewhere I will be coming back to again and again”

The Grill at The Dorchester
Reserve a Table
Bookatable
Ranked #723 of 28,485 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: European, Grill
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Mayfair
Description: The Grill at The Dorchester offers grill classics in Mayfair, against the backdrop of this iconic hotel's timeless interiors. Warm and welcoming, this strikingly glamorous, treasure-trove of a room is one of London’s most longstanding British restaurants, first established in 1931. This October sees the restaurant relaunch under fresh young British talent Tom Booton. The re-imagined restaurant fuses The Dorchester's iconic elegance with a contemporary tone and creative details.
Reviewed May 13, 2019 via mobile

We visited two weeks back, and what an experience,memorable and magical. I have been coming to the Dorchestor for years but this was my first time actually eating at the grill.

Food presentation amazing and tasted delicious. Restaurant itself has a beautiful ambiance. I had my 7month son with me and they accommodated every need down to making him a small plate of food so he felt he was eating with us.

Marchello the barman made us personalised mocktail as we didn’t fancy the signature ones, he never let our drink glasses empty all evening.

Ian our main server really went out his way to look after us. He tailored everything to our needs, his passion beams through.

Overall John and his team really looked after us and made it a special and magical evening.

I would definitely recommend the sticky toffee soufflé for dessert!

Cannot wait to return for sunday dinner!

Date of visit: May 2019
Russell-Platt-TDL, Director of Food and Beverage at The Grill at The Dorchester, responded to this reviewResponded May 14, 2019

Dear Sarahsa22,
Thank you for your wonderful review in regards to your recent experience at The Grill at The Dorchester. We are thrilled to read your words of appreciation for The Grill and it is truly a pleasure to receive such genuine and caring feedback of your whole experience. Guest satisfaction is of the upmost importance for us here at The Dorchester and it really seems like we were able to create lasting memories for you and your family which we are very proud of. Your complimentary feedback for Ian, John and Marcello is just delightful and please know that I have shared your comments with them and the rest of the team. On behalf of us all here at The Dorchester, we were delighted to have you dine with us and truly look forward to welcoming you and your family back as our guest in the not too distant future.

Kindest regards,
Russell Platt
Director of Food and Beverage, The Dorchester, Dorchester Collection

Write a reviewReviews (872)

Reviewed May 6, 2019

Service was exceptional and staff were very on point. Our choice of dishes were all well cooked and of such good quality

Date of visit: August 2018
Russell-Platt-TDL, Director of Food & Beverage at The Grill at The Dorchester, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2019

Dear John W,

Thank you for your review. I am thrilled to know that you had a wonderful experience at The Grill at The Dorchester. This is exactly the type of experience we strive to create for each and every guest. Your kind words of appreciation have been shared with the entire team who were delighted to have you dine with us. I do hope to have the pleasure to welcome you back to The Dorchester in the not too distant future.

Reviewed April 21, 2019 via mobile

Another great dining experience at the grill.
Set menu is excellent and all the courses are full size and are of the highest quality.
Wine list is extensive but not expensive.
Staff are friendly and knowledgeable. Would highly recommend for set menu or a la carte.

Will be back soon.

Date of visit: April 2019
Russell-Platt-TDL, Director of Food & Beverage at The Grill at The Dorchester, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2019

Dear dkwilli,

This is the type of experience we strive to create for each and every guest, and it’s wonderful to know that you enjoyed every aspect of your visit. Your kind words of appreciation will be shared with the team who be delighted to know they were able to create such a special experience for you. Thank you again for your kind words and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed April 13, 2019 via mobile

My husband invited me to the restaurant for the international women’s day and we had such a blast! Excellent service, superb food and very romantic setting with a live singer in the background made the evening very special for both of us. The decor is beautiful and it really stands out.

Date of visit: March 2019
Russell-Platt-TDL, Director of Food & Beverage at The Grill at The Dorchester, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2019

Dear Angelina C,

Thank you for your review. I was thrilled to read that you had a wonderful experience at The Grill at The Dorchester. This is exactly the type of experience we strive to create for each and every guest and I am delighted to hear that we were able to create lasting memory on International Women's Day. Your kind words of appreciation have been shared with the entire team who were delighted to have you dine with us and in the meantime, I do hope to have the pleasure to welcome you back to The Dorchester very soon.

Reviewed April 1, 2019

We had a wonderful lunch yesterday at the Grill to celebrate Mother's day, the dining room itself is beautiful, the food was fantastic and the service was excellent throughout. They have a great menu selection I particularly recommend their roast Rib of beef it's delicious. It's a lovely restaurant for a special occasion.

Date of visit: March 2019
Russell-Platt-TDL, Director of Food & Beverage at The Grill at The Dorchester, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2019

Dear IsabelMSousa,

Thank you for your review. It sounds like you truly enjoyed your visit and made the most of your dining experience with us which gives me great pleasure. Your complimentary feedback for the teams service is just delightful and please be assured that I have shared your kind words with the team. I also very much appreciate your feedback in regards to some of our food offerings and I will pass on your comment to the culinary team. In the meantime, we truly hope to welcome you back to The Dorchester in the not too distant future.

Kindest regards,