“We celebrated in style at this very special venue”

The Grill at The Dorchester
Ranked #616 of 24,255 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: European, Grill
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Mayfair
Description: Our iconic Mayfair restaurant has been transformed for a new culinary chapter. First established in 1931, The Grill at The Dorchester quickly gained a reputation as the place to be for the finest grill food in London.In keeping with this original concept, Alain Ducasse's protege Christophe Marleix has created new seasonal menus. Delicious dishes range from grill favourites alongside the restaurant's signature blue lobster chowder and an extensive sweet souffle menu - the first of its kind in London. Lively and welcoming, the re-imagined restaurant fuses The Dorchester's iconic elegance with a contemporary tone and creative details. Interior architect Bruno Moinard was commissioned by The Dorchester to create a vibrant and timeless setting. For an exclusive event in an iconic yet timeless setting, the restaurant can accommodate groups and private events for up to 30 guests or reserved for exclusive use - please contact us for more information.
Reviewed February 4, 2013

A friendly, professional team offering great attention to detail without being overly fussy. A grand but not glitzy Reception filled with wonderful fresh roses and immaculate interior, the traditional cloakrooms with attentive staff and 10/10 cleanliness, pre-dinner champagne served correctly chilled with delicious nibbles.
The Grill 'Scottish Themed' surroundings (+100s more bright fresh roses) where staff and food exceeded expectations. We loved the wafer-thin salmon hand carved at the table. The Somelier was knowledgeable and extremely helpful directing us to experiment with a wine previously unknown to us.... but not forgotten. The well-paced delicious dinner had us offering 'compliments to the Chef' This was a real treat and we thoroughly enjoyed our evening.

PromenadeDorchester, Director of Food and Beverage at The Grill at The Dorchester, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2013

Dear Thurza,
Many thanks for taking the time to leave such a kind review of your recent dinner in The Grill at The Dorchester. I am delighted you chose The Grill for your celebration and how much you enjoyed the hand carved salmon. I will share your kind comments with the sommelier and the rest of the team here and I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Kind regards, Stephane Lafon, Director of Food and Beverage, The Dorchester, Dorchester Collection

Reviewed February 2, 2013

On a visit to London we decided to dine at the Grill - what a fantastic decision that was!
After a cocktail in the Promenade bar, we were treated to the the most fabulous dining experience. Wonderful food, attentive service, in fact we were treated like royalty! Already planning a return visit. Thank you for a very special evening.

Dear Fiona,
Thank you for taking the time to leave such kind feedback on your recent visit to The Dorchester for dinner at The Grill. I am delighted to read how much you enjoyed the food and service and that you were also able to enjoy cocktails in The Promenade bar beforehand. I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed January 31, 2013

We found this restaurant old fashioned in decor but I suppose they think guests like 'ye olde English look' or should I say Scottish with tartan everywhere. The air con made the room so cold I had to get a wrap for dinner and breakfast the next morning. The staff were indifferent almost churlish. The menu was the 'a la carte' menu where other guests seemed to have an extra menu to us. When I questioned this later we were told as we made the restaurant booking via a member of staff and not the net we did not get the special menu. No where or no one ever told us this before hand or on booking this restaurant. The food itself was ordinary and not something I could recommend. When I complained to the manager about these problems it was rectified quickly.

1  Thank Bessiegal
PromenadeDorchester, Director of Food and Beverage at The Grill at The Dorchester, responded to this reviewResponded February 1, 2013

Dear Bessiegal,
Many thanks for taking the time to leave your feedback of your recent dining experiences in The Grill. I am very sorry your visit did not live up to your expectations and I have shared your comments regarding the food with the team here. I very much look forward to the opportunity to welcome you here on another visit.

Reviewed January 19, 2013

The Dorchester really does not require any introduction. My husband and I dined here on a Friday lunchtime and the service and food were both exceptional. I opted for the fish, expertly cooked, delicious and mouth-wateringly tasty, my husband however opted for their roast beef - this I must say made me feel very jealous - it was excellent. The beef trolley comes up to your table and what can I say? AMAZING. The Yorkshire puddings are as big as houses and quite frankly, the food and service will leave you feeling that you have absolutely 100% made the right choice of where to dine. The cheese course really is as impressive as the beef course. In addition to the above is the very knowledgeable wine waiter who listened to what we required and recommended accordingly, I really do like this in a restaurant.

We also stopped by their bar for a pre-dinner drink, again thoroughly recommended to put you in the mood for a very special meal.

I loved the Scottish theme to the restaurant and could not fault our experience at all. Shall be returning again very soon.

Dear Beverley,
Thank you for taking the time to write such a glowing review of The Grill at The Dorchester. I am delighted to read that your meal surpassed all expectations and you were well looked after by the team. The Bar at the Dorchester is the ideal place for pre-dinner drinks and I am pleased you sampled it and it added to your whole experience.
It will be a pleasure to share your kind feedback with the staff in The Grill and I shall look forward to welcoming you back to The Grill, this time for the beef, in the near future,

Reviewed January 16, 2013

I went to The Grill with a couple of friends through a top table deal (3 courses and a glass of champagne). Having arrived we were treated with the highest level of service and care I have experienced in a while. Some reviews on here seem to be critical of the menu selection but can not fathom why. There were three options for each course, meat fish and vegetarian  each sounding as delicious as the next. Having chosen our starters and main the sommelier expertly recommended some wines to complement the dishes we had ordered. There is a vast selection of wines on the menu and some appear to be on the higher price scale but after all we are in a hotel on Park Lane. The flavour combinations of the food were divine and each course arrived quite elegantly and beautifully presented. Not to mention the amuse bouche and pre dessert which somehow managed to tie everything together. The whole experience was excellent and would recommend a visit. I will be returning soon that's for sure

1  Thank cweller1985

Dear cweller1985
Thank you for taking the time to write such a glowing review about at The Grill at The Dorchester. I am delighted to hear you enjoyed every aspect of your experience from the service and ambience to the menu choice, food and our sommeliers suggestions. It shall be my absolute pleasure to pass your feedback to the team at The Grill and I look forward to welcoming you again at The Dorchester soon.

Been to The Grill at The Dorchester? Share your experiences!