“My fave Japanese in London, unbeatable Sashimi. Comparably good value.”
Review of Sushi Say - CLOSED

Sushi Say
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese, Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed November 21, 2011

I'm a local and regular at Sushi Say, I'm also a serious Sushi lover. The food at Sushi Say contins to be the best I've eaten in London (I won't pay Matsuri prices) and can compare with the best I've eaten in Tokyo.

Especially good is the premium Sashimi, with huge chunks of the finest O Toro and Hamachi, exquisite. To be fair everything here is of the highest quality, and 100% authentic.

Well worth a trip across London for
if you love authentic Japanese food. The prices are reasonable too in comparison to other inferior and pricier establishments.

10/10

1  Thank QChambers

Reviewed October 22, 2011

I just ate the Tempura Udon and its the best I've tasted - and I've been to Japan. The broth was so tasty and the batter so crispy. Also I had the seafood dumplings - also delicious. I was by myself and walked in off the street at 7pm and got a stool seat, but had to be out by 8pm because of another booking, but service was very fast. The 2 dishes and an Asahi costed 20 pounds.

Reviewed June 12, 2011

I visited sushi say last night with my parents! Im pregnant and my husband was away on a stag so we probably choose the wrong cuisine but hey !! I could stay away from the raw stuff !
Our starters were stunning ! Cooked tuna cubes which were a delight ! chicken yakatori which were stunning ! cooked aubergine which was the best cooked aubergine I have ever eaten ! As im pregnant we stayed away from the raw stuff so we then followed with cooked mains ! My dad had chicken terriaki which he said was yummy ! My mum had black cod and finished every bit ! I had salmon terriaki which was stunning ! Ive eaten at nobu, zuma, roka, hakkasan etc etc and ive never enjoyed a japanese food as much as I did at sushi say !
I cant leave out the chestnut and banana ice cream I had! It was thick, creamy, not too sweet ! DIVINE!
Im in love with this place !
The staff were sooooooo attentive and nice !!!!
You must try this place !!!!
Ive booked a table for 2 weeks !!!!

This is my first review as Ive never wanted to write one before !!! prob my last because I cant see myself getting this excited about a restaurant again in a while !

Reviewed February 1, 2011

I am local and a regular. I have eaten there over 20 times, which is the best recommendation I can give. Superb food, great sake, intimate atmosphere. OK, it is quite expensive, particularly given that this is hardly central London. Come here to savour, not to pig out, and you'll be OK.

Reviewed August 5, 2009

Food was good, but we found the service a bit snotty and weren't overwhelmed by the value for money. After reading the good reviews will definitely give it another try.