“super again”

Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: Soho
Reviewed December 30, 2012 via mobile

yesterday in panton street and today here - we enjoy the very good food and quite low prices! important: no credit cards are acceptet here! we had a really good time at stockpot!

1  Thank vietsinn
There are newer reviews for Stockpot

Reviewed December 18, 2012

The Stockpot offers excellent value for money in a district that's well-known for ripping off tourists. As such, it's a haven for students and budget-conscious locals, as well as international visitors who want some authentic local grub.

I've been going to the Stockpot for twenty years and it's always been the same. Essentially it provides school dinner-type food (in a good way!) at a very nice price.

On this visit, I had the cooked breakfast, which included coffee and toast for just £4.95. Many cafes around the country would charge much more for a lot less, so it's great to get this kind of value in the heart of London.

Of course, one could gripe - the sausage wasn't the best I've ever tasted. But overall, this place strikes a very fair balance between quality and price.

1  Thank pawprint2000
Reviewed December 13, 2012

Sure, Stockpot may look a little like a run down cafe from the outside, but step inside and marvel at the speed of service and the delicious, cheap dishes. You will not get any fancy cutlery or glassware here, but what you will get is great food at a fantastic price. Menu often changes daily, but it's all good. I had the chicken diavola. The sauce was incredible and the chicken beautifully cooked. The mashed potato was heavenly and sure, the vegetables looked pretty sad, but they tasted really good. My friend had the lamb cutlets which she said were also delicious. She then had apple crumble and ice cream and I had the rice pudding (see what I mean, proper British, winter warmer, comfort food stuff). She enjoyed hers and whilst there was too much liquid with my rice pudding, it was still really tasty. Only downside was that as soon as we had finished our meal the waitress got another couple to stand right by our table telling them "these will be leaving soon". It was pretty rude to say we were only just paying the bill, and made us leave when we were actually going to order another round of drinks. Still, this is not a place to linger in. It's a bit like fast food but with proper dinners.

1  Thank august01
Reviewed December 5, 2012

A successful group of down to earth eateries providing reliable, good portions of comfort food favourites and more at great affordable prices...you won't go hungry!! They have been around for years, very popular offering fast efficient service, and food that would cost you more to prepare from scratch at home!..I rarely cook at home so I couldn't do without them!

1  Thank aloisw8
Reviewed November 25, 2012

On a wet saturday morning we popped in for a cheap fry up. Thats exactly what we got, cheap items cooked well, filled our bellies and off we went. More staff and family present when we were there so the atmosphere was happy and welcoming. Would probably try this place again for lunch or dinner when on a tight budget.