“Again Top Floor Fantastic!”

Smiths of Smithfield
Ranked #1,058 of 23,381 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Contemporary, British, Cafe
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Clerkenwell
Description: Smiths of Smithfield is a behemoth of a venue with four floors of a converted warehouse providing four distinct offerings. The Ground Floor Cafe is an open plan industrial space famous for top London breakfasts and the classic SOS burger. The First Floor Cocktail Bar and offers bespoke SOS and classic cocktails along with simple sharing plates and our 2 Private Dining Rooms. The 2nd Floor Dining Room with a focus on beef and meat reflecting smithfields meat market - located opposite, with an emphasis on provenance of the dishes and British food at its best. The Top Floor Restaurant and Terrace offers Rare Breed Meat cooked to perfection with stunning views across the city.
Reviewed January 16, 2013

Food and service were fantastic again, it has been my second time at the Top Floor, and we did enjoy it very much. The Chateaubriand the highlight of the night.
The service is polite and very helpful, keep it up.

1  Thank Louis P

Reviewed January 16, 2013

I signed up to their Little Black Book scheme and got an email thanking me and offering me a free bottle of wine if I dined before the end of January ! Great welcome! As I was working in London the following week - myself and a colleague took advantage! Helpful and friendly staff right from the cvloakroom lady to the waitress and the manager :-)
Food was delicious - Indian spiced chicken was gorgeous and being healthy - we shared a fresh fruit platter with sorbet. We were encouraged to l,eave comments " good or bad please" on the blackboards on the floor below. great visit, lovely food, would definitely return!

Reviewed January 13, 2013

Ate at Smiths for a friends 50th birthday on thursday night. Was a bit put off by some of the latest reviews , so sat down on the top floor with some background worries. Well I got to say that the evening from start to finish was a huge sucess. The food (all of it , not a duff dish in sight) was fantastic, the serving staff a joy ( the young lady who served us was charming,funny and knowledgable) and an all round great celebration of my friends 50th year. The highlights, the chateaubriand was the star of the show, closely followed by the confit duck. My partener who had the lamb , which was good , was missing out on some fastastic beef, I had the ribeye which was cooked and presented well .All in all a great night out would recommed

1  Thank Kieran O
Natalie M, Guest Relations Manager at Smiths of Smithfield, responded to this reviewResponded January 16, 2013

Thanks for your review Kieran, delighted that you enjoyed your friends 50th with us and we hope to see you back again soon.

Reviewed January 13, 2013

Have eaten here a few times a year for several years. The food quality is still decent, but the last few visits have resulted in slow and generally poor service. They need to sort their front of house out.

Thanks for your feedback, we have taken your comments on board and will be reviewing all service and team standards to ensure that all of our customers receive a high level of service every time they visit.

I hope you can join us again soon and try out our top floor or new 2nd floor cocktail and lounge bar opening at the end of the month.

Many thanks,
Natalie

Reviewed January 13, 2013

Food was poor for the price it was, ordered the South Devon Cote de Boeuf for two and was advised by the waitress to order something else as "this would take too long to cook" Really?!!
Béarnaise sauce was horrible and the steak we were encouraged to order was basic at best!

Sort out your food and staff! Really disappointing :(

I'm sorry that you didn't enjoy your Cote de Boeuf, this is one of our most popular dishes and we hope that everyone enjoys it. We are more than happy to change or amend dishes when dining with us so please do let us know in the restaurant next time as we would hate for you to leave without enjoying every aspect of your time with us.

I do hope that you pay us a visit again.