“Very good meal, excellent value”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Siam CENTRAL

Siam CENTRAL
Ranked #2,445 of 22,373 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Fitzrovia
New York City, New York
“Very good meal, excellent value”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2013

I dined at Siam Central tonight. It is conveniently located right on the corner of Charlotte and Windmill Street. The decor is warm and inviting, and the table that we were at was not too close to other diners so there was some privacy.

We ordered a bunch of different dishes. The papaya salad was very good, as was the steamed sea bass. The deep fried soft shell crab was similarly tasty and delightful. The tamarind duck was good. The roti canai was a bit oily but still very good. We ordered the tom yum soup which didn't taste like most other tom yum soups I've had and I can't say I liked it. Overall, however, the food was very good.

Overall, however, we had a very pleasant experience and the wait staff were polite and helpful. All of the food above was only around £38.00 (for two people) which represents great value for very good food.

I would return and would recommend this restaurant to others.

• Visited March 2013

• Korean first
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Nice Thai good value for money”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2013 via mobile

Great choice of dishes, price was good and the food was excellent. Staff very good. Will go back again.

1 Thank M2bfx
Frinton-On-Sea, United Kingdom
“Super Lunch!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2013 via mobile

Popped in for lunch, 2 x courses for £8. I had Chicken Wings with Soy to start with and a Panang Curry with Rice to follow and my fiancé had Prawn Toast to start with and Drunken Noodles to follow.

Food was some of the best Thai food we've tastes outside of Thailand. I asked for my curry to be spiced up and it was just the right heat.

Fantastic food, fresh, spicy and extremely authentic.

London, United Kingdom
“So Thai!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2013 via mobile

My friend take me there. It is a small , casual restaurant but nice. We ordered fried rice with beef and thai tea. Service is good. Dont have to wait for long. The staff are ok and smiley. The dish is a real thai food as i'm thai i can reccommend you. Couldn't find elsewhere! I was so happy to come here. The price is reasonable. Thai tea become a favourite drink of my indonesian friend. We'll come back

1 Thank eaudetoilette
London
“Fast-Rest Thai food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2013

Visited Siam Central recently and in my opinion the food is not too bad, however don't expect the finest Thai cuisine. The food is obviously pre-made and/or frozen, ready to be fried or stirred in the pan. The service is fast and ok. The place is quite always busy because of its position and because of prices are very reasonable. Therefore not ideal for romantic first dates or if you want peace and quiet. Ideal to have a bite and satisfy your graving for Thai food. Also they have just few tables upstairs and the majority in the basement where the kitchen is. This means that if you sit downstairs you will get smelly at the end of your meal. Anyway, I'm just saying this to try to give a complete view of the place but I would go again if around that area and in occasions when I don't want to fork out a lot of money for a meal out.

• Visited February 2013