“Super teas and cakes - if you can get a table!”
Review of Royal Teas

Royal Teas
Ranked #4,254 of 23,718 Restaurants in London
Dining options: Breakfast
Neighborhood: Greenwich
Reviewed August 29, 2013

It can be difficult to get a table here and once you've been you'll know why. The food is vegetarian freindly, the choice of tea and coffee extenstive (served in propert cups and saucers) and the cakes are amazing. The location is great on Royal Hill, away from the market and tourists, just along from the Greenwich Union and Richard the First pubs, which are also worth a visit.

Reviewed August 25, 2013 via mobile

Lovely intimate cafe on a lovely Greenwich street, Royal Hill.
Staff friendly, and prices very reasonable.
But the best part...unbelievably tasty chocolate mikshakes.
I've never tasted better, anywhere.
Oh, and the cafe is dog friendly, always a good sign.
Do go!

Reviewed August 18, 2013

This place is great. Excellent vegetarian food, great breakfasts and coffee but...superb homemade cakes. Their Marmalade cake is delicious.
Service always relaxed and friendly.
Recommend 100%

Reviewed August 12, 2013

I visited Greenwich on a Sunday, looking for afternoon tea. The village was bustling with visitors, so I was doubtful as to whether I'd secure a table.

Following an online review, I made my way north to a fairly quiet street. I was in luck and managed to secure a table right away. The venue is clearly popular, as tables were only briefly available. This is partly due to it being a small venue, with 5 tables inside, and 2/3 outside.

I ordered their cream tea, which was actually an afternoon tea. The sandwich offered was good; a cucumber, cream cheese and salmon sandwich on seeded bread. Not separate sandwiches - but very tasty.

The fruit scone with clotted cream and raspberry jam  to follow was fine, but not special. It didn't seem homemade.

The cakes were presented in a bookshelf and didn't look terribly exciting. The first nice surprise was that the selection was replenished during my meal, so there was more choice when I went to make my decision (naturally I had inspected the selection on arrival) - this isn't something I expect in the mid-afternoon. The second surprise was that I had been deceived. My coffee and walnut cake was very good. Nice and moist.

I was so thirsty that I had to order a second pot of tea. This wasn't free, but considering the good value of the tea, not a problem.

I enjoyed my tea, and would like to sample more of their cakes.

1  Thank Traductora
Reviewed July 15, 2013

Had we found this place earlier in our trip we would have come daily. Great prices and great service. It is tiny and there isn't really anywhere to wait for a table. We stood in the small space awkwardly until someone left. Glad we waited:) A few people came and left while we ate because there wasn't anywhere to sit. We had Belgian Waffles and tea for a late breakfast. Can't recommend Royal Tea's enough. It is the perfect combination of atmosphere, food and service.