“Excellent food”

Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Notting Hill
Reviewed January 4, 2014

This is some of the most down to earth Chinese food in London. Forget attentive staff and the feeling of being "wanted", you come here to EAT!! If you go on a weekend, make sure to come early for lunch as the queues can get pretty long. The food is excellent, and has been for over 8 years (as far as i can remember).

Over the course of 100+ visits for lunch, I have narrowed down my favourites.... Har gau, scallop dumpling, prawn and chive dumpling, cuttle fish cake, crispy noodles with chicken and Fukien fried rice (or Hokkien).... Also their crispy aromatic duck is phenomenal...

Top it all off with a steamed custard bun, and you will leave the restaurant extremely satisfied...

(For an even better foodie experience, and if you want to feel less like cattle, go to Royal China Club, the grand daddy's smaller and classier sister).

1  Thank Muscatore

Reviewed January 1, 2014

Got sat nice and promptly, ordered and food came in good time. Roast duck is very tasty, not greasy, nice and moist. Beef in black bean is good, rice and noodles all very pleasant. No issues with the service, all very good and no complaints.

We will be back.

Reviewed December 27, 2013

Before Christmas I was treated to lunch at the Royal China in Queensway W2. I have been going there for some time and I am pleased to report that the standard has never changed from excellent. The staff are always friendly, efficient and cheery. I think this place is best value at lunchtime, the Dim Sum is all very fresh, I particularly enjoy the Turnip paste. For main course I had chilly pork chop [no bone] wrapped in paper. served with rice. I only drank tea as it relly helps the digestion ! About 12 months ago Royal China was closed for some time for refurbishing and now their dining room is very classy but the lunch time bills are around £25 per head if you drink tea. Start on wine and that will get quite a lot more expensive.

Reviewed December 19, 2013

Great food but unfriendly poor service but well worth going just for the food good for family and children and in a great location do book if you go otherwise you will not get a table

Reviewed December 9, 2013

Been going there very occasionally for as long as I can remember as I've lived locally for 27 years. It used to be much better, I think, in their service. Unfortunately, my recent experiences haven't been good. My partner was extremely offended by a very rude waitress ignoring us at all times. Then he spoke to the manager who was evasively smiling all the time without saying much so you don't know whether he's taking you seriously or not. When I went to take away on another occasion, the girl at reception was extremely irritable and hostile making you feel very uncomfortable to even speak to her. The food is still good but I will not be in a rush to go back there to spend £20 on a small portion of sweet and sour fish takeaway. At the end of the day there are plenty of other Chinese restaurants which are as good and better priced.