“Reubens lunch”

Neighborhood: Marylebone
Derbyshire, United Kingdom
“Reubens lunch”
Reviewed November 1, 2013

I visited this restaurant with a Jewish friend for lunch. The place was almost empty but it was early. The menu looks varied but although the presentation was good and the food arrived early they forgot condiments and side plates so we had to keep asking. The waitress was not intrusive though which can be annoying. I decided to take some Jewish food back for my Wife who happens to be Jewish. The person preparing the takeaway was rather grumpy so he needs to appreciate customers mean money.i.e. he should be far more pleasant. The takeaway was expensive nearly £18 for 2 salt beef sandwiches. I wasn't sure whether to put them in the fridge or the safe!! Overall not bad but no atmosphere.

• Hebrew first
London, United Kingdom
“Kosher food with added ingredient - rudeness”
Reviewed October 31, 2013

My wife and I have been going to Rubens since it first opened at this site, many years ago. But never again! For the first time in my life in any restaurant I insisted on being given my money back, and we walked out.

Perhaps it has changed hands because now a man called Sam appears to be the owner, though we had never seen him before. I had cause to go back to the serving counter to complain at the unusually long time it had taken to get our food only to be insulted by Sam, whose response to a customer complaint was to call me an unpleasant name! All that was needed was any sort of polite answer, we wanted dinner, not an argument - but Sam obviously has a different slant on courtesy to customers.

Go there for adequate, unpretentious kosher food- but be warned!

3 Thank GSB333
San Francisco, California
“Charming kosher deli, central London location”
Reviewed October 29, 2013

We arrived after the lunch rush so service was quick and easy. We ordered 2 reubens and multiple sides. The total cost was £40 so a bit pricey but well worth it. The amount of beef on the sandwiches could feed a family of 10, and the quality of the meat was top-notch. The pickles were fantastic although the sides were just average. Overall, a unique and truly kosher deli experience.

Tel Aviv, Israel
“Very good food”
Reviewed October 27, 2013

The food was very good and fresh..
Nice to eat lunch the price is good not to expensive for kosher food in the u.k.
Service very good

Visited October 2013
Chalfont St. Giles, United Kingdom
“Good food but noisy and not cheap”
Reviewed October 23, 2013

We went for Sunday lunch and were startled by the prices, especially the £3.50 cover charge (for some bread slices) Portions were generous but service slow and it was hard to hear yourself think above the hubbub. The food was good but you can get the same quality much cheaper elsewhere.