“Worst restaurant ever”

Neighborhood: Marylebone
London, United Kingdom
“Worst restaurant ever”
Reviewed August 15, 2013

Last night I experienced the worst restaurant I have ever been to and I have been to many in my time.

My sister and her grandson and me and my son decided to eat at this establishment after having had a great time at Madame Tussauds. The ground floor diner area looks shabby and dim. It is self service, you order the food you want and it's brought to your table. The food is overpriced, £2.50 for a can of coke. Be careful because whatever you order from the main meal menu, (no menus except for the menu displayed on the wall) everything is extra. The food arrived fairly quickly together with the bill. The food is simply awful, dry chicken, dry rice and to add insult to injury my sister's food arrived on a chipped plate. As my sister and I were sharing the bill I asked the waiter if we could have 2 separate bills and he shoved the bill in front of me and said this was the total bill, which came to nearly £70.00 and if I wanted to separate the bill I would need to go to the front serving area and have a look at the prices on the wall. So off I went and whilst trying to figure out the prices, one of the staff at the front counter said to me, "I suggest next time you go to Mac Donald's" This was followed by swear words which I could not possibly describe on this forum.

Avoid this restaurant like the plague!

• Visited August 2013
4 Thank Tom569

• Hebrew first
london
“Very expensive”
Reviewed August 9, 2013

Self service 2 salt beef sandwiches, 2 gurkins, 1 salad, 1 french fry, 1 cola, 1 small btl of water = £ 32 - Only cash accepted - Definitely more expensive and no way better than Selfridges. Tried to check price by phone in case of error no answer all day long.

• Visited August 2013
2 Thank loske s
“Ok food, but staff are rude!”
Reviewed August 9, 2013 via mobile

I have been to Reuben's on quite a few occasions.

The food is fine - a good selection of traditional kosher food.

The prices are ridiculous and although kosher food is at a premium, theirs really are hefty! They get away with it because there is little or no choice of other kosher restaurants nearby!

Prices aside, I wish someone would explain to the staff the benefits of at least smiling at the clients! They don't need to be your best friend but its like they are doing you a favour the whole time

Visited August 2013
march
“Genuinely good food”
Reviewed August 4, 2013

I spent a short time on the Internet and knew this was for me, i visited the restaurant at lunch and so did many other guest most of which in my opinion seemed to be regulars which must be good. I ordered my favourite salt beef sandwich with a side of pickle. Choosing to eat outside and watch the world go by. There is a good menu too for main meals and side dishes.

• Visited July 2013
Herts, England
“Tasty food, good location, BUT”
Reviewed July 31, 2013

I used to work nearby and had many business lunches at Reubens, so I know it well.

On the plus side, most of the food is well cooked and delicious.

On the down side are the ridiculously high prices, the variable helpfullness of the staff and the stupid rules. "No, you can't have chips unless you buy a main course." "No, we don't take credit cards at the deli counter, even though we have a card machine downstairs for exactly the same business and even though you are spending £120."

If Reubens was in Golders Green (or indeed anywhere with competition for Kosher business) it would have disappeared years ago.

• Visited July 2013