“Once again a fabulous meal.”

Vineet Bhatia London
Ranked #1,572 of 22,373 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Indian, Contemporary
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Neighborhood: Chelsea
Description: A new beginning. Vineet Bhatia London (VBL), the new flagship restaurant from Vineet Bhatia, heralds a new beginning for the award-winning chef and restaurateur. Set within a lovingly-restored Georgian townhouse, Vineet Bhatia London (VBL) opened this month in what was formerly the chef’s long-established restaurant Rasoi at 10 Lincoln Street, just moments from the Sloane Square end of London’s King’s Road. Reimagined and redesigned, VBL’s Indian inspired cuisine and the restaurant’s personal interiors reflect the chef’s 23 year journey from his birthplace of Mumbai to Chelsea and the vision that he and his wife Rashima set out to accomplish more than 20 years ago. Offering a menu of between five and six courses, proceeded by a selection of delicate canapés and ending in a flourish of desserts; in a single evening guests will experience a culinary exploration of Vineet Bhatia’s life in food. Marrying east and west, his dishes are an accumulation of three decades spent pushing the possibilities and challenging the perception of his native cuisine, and display his continuous devotion to creating something new. VBL’s decadent Chelsea townhouse has been designed with a colour palate of calming light greys. Interspersed with splashes of yellow and ornate tiles throughout, the contemporary and elegant interior highlights the striking original features of the 100year-old building. The main dining area - which seats 32 - is split between two rooms, so is intimate and relaxed. The restaurant’s personal touches are reinforced by the doorbell, which guests must simply ring on arrival to be welcomed into what feels like a private members club - a home. Further privacy can be found in the restaurant’s two exclusive private dining rooms on the first floor; Lutyens which seats 12 guests and Wittet which seats 8.
Villa Park, California
“Once again a fabulous meal.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2012

This restaurant takes the extra step to ensure quality. We had the tasting menu with wine parings. Pictures are enclosed. Wonderful meal. Excellent service. Do miss this place. One of the top Indian Restaurants in London.

Hong Kong, China
“Enjoyable lunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 25, 2012

Stopped by for lunch, they nearly missed out on our custom, as the door was locked... which I found a bit strange. Set lunch was good - I am guessing that this is really "modern Indian" but I did find it really delicious. Service was very good too. All in all a good lunch and I will go again!

London, United Kingdom
“7 course vegetarian gourmand menu was superb”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 22, 2012

This was hands down one of the best dining experiences I've had.

No courses were disappointing (although some were better than others), and the service here was spot on.

A bit on the expensive side for me, but I'd happily return for special occasions.

• Visited January 2012
3 Thank Sim986
Norfolk
“Perfection”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 20, 2012

This is the second opportunity we have had in a short time to enjoy the delights of this wonderful restaurant. The food is simply stunning, and the service impeccable. All courses are delightful with so many wonderful tastes. We will return.

2 Thank LadyGNorfolk
London, United Kingdom
“A culinary delight!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 16, 2012

My husband and I like to treat ourselves to a fabulous meal every now and then. We had visited Indego by Vineet in Dubai in Nov and had an amazing experience there so promptly booked a table in Rasoi when we returned to London. We brought 2 of our friends along to celebrate the festive period.

First impressions - understated yet posh entrance situated in a residential area of Chelsea. Once indoors superb atmosphere + attentive & friendly staff. We had raved about our experience in Dubai so was hoping the Rasoi would live up to expectations. He definitely did.

We went for 3 courses and the chefs did not disappoint. I had the chilli prawns, scallops & crab risotto for starters and Paneer Tikka for main course (scrumptious!). My friend has the selection of street food as a starter. All starter portions were really very generous. 4 of us were delighted with the meal. I think I'll go for the street food for starter the next time I go back!

Only criticism, I had the cheesecake for dessert. It was ok but didn't blow me away in comparison to the rest of the meal. The gents went for the selection of icecream - that was a better choice & the flavours were exotic & tasty.

Overall, a super experience with attentive yet not overpowering staff. I look forward to the next time I return.

2 Thank Bead007